 General / 4893
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:38:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
[...]
2: My *by far* prefered method of browsing messages is the 20-at-a-time
list of subjects, and currently, I can't get the most recent 4 messages
on that list without playing with URL's and doing guess-work as to the
most recent messages.

OK, James, there are now a couple links for redisplaying the current
message listing in a different detail level -- i.e., from Brief to Compact
or vice-versa.  At the top of the entry-page columns there are now two
links:

   Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact

and at the bottom:

This means that there is no longer a way to get "more" at the same time as
switching display modes (that would be too many clickables at once) but
this is probably a lot better and should solve the problem of the top 4
messages not appearing in the Compact views.  Let me know if this works
better for you.

Oh, and after the next page, the "Redisplay Message" link moves to the lower
right corner of the screen to make more room at the top for the Compact view.
Presumably, it's need much less once it's been used, so having in the corner
should be plenty fine.

--Todd