 General / 4869
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:46:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
I could make the subject line one size larger in the compact listings, if
that would help.  It's at SIZE="-2" now, and it could probably go to
SIZE="-1" and still fit 20 messages on a 800x600 laptop display.

That would make life happier.

Every single message I've looked at does it.  I've taken a peek at a couple
easier to see the variations in width.

Oh.  I think I know what you mean now.  There's really nothing odd going on
there.  You're just seeing the natural width of the articles -- they're all
80-column text.  It's probably just a bit misleading because they're shown
in the default variable-width font (usually Times) rather than the default
fixed-width font (usually Courier).

Check out the 7th paragraph here: http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=1860

--Todd