 General / 4818
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:04:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Jonas Marcho" <BolaHead@msn.com> writes:
1. New Lugnet Layout - confusing and disorienting. No offense, but this
new layout of yours sucks, Todd.

There seems to be more emphasis on the news section of Lugnet.

It was time for a visibility boost in a big way.  Plus, new hierarchical
design/layout of the www site is geared toward mixing the data-browsing
experience with the discussion experience.  There's still a lot to do,
of course, and many more legacy sections of the site will be undergoing
similar structural improvements.  This is an intermediate gratification
point.

This seems like a good idea to me.  Especially since the news service @
Lugnet is what I most frequently use anyway.  So making more people
aware of this service is a good thing, I thing.

A big thing here is also more visibility and awareness for the loc groups,
which people had been having a lot of trouble finding and using.

Very nice, Todd.

Thanks, glad you like it.  It seems people don't often welcome new changes
because it means relearning things.  The changes here tonight are large and
sweeping, and bound to upset many people.  I hope no one gets lost in the
shuffle.

--Todd