 General / 4894
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:35:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
1024x768, 24 bit.  Part of the issue (I've since discovered) is that
most of the time I run on an LCD, and the subtler variations are harder
to see unless I tilt my screen at a ridiculous angle.

A-*ha*.  OK, now I can possibly see how the link coloring might be a
problem.  How about the purely text links?  How do they look?  Is it
mainly the little square box that's hard to tell with, or all links?

The purely text are fine.  It's mostly an issue with the little box.

Let's try this...  Let's try an old 1994 web design trick:  Not setting any
LINK= or VLINK= attributes at all in the <BODY> tag, and letting the browser
use its defaults, whatever they may be (usually bright blue and dark
magenta).

How does it look for you now?  What are the RGB values that you have set in
your browser for links?

--Todd

Thank you!  Lugnet looks wonderful with my colors (works well with the
background colors, too), which I've found to work on just about every website
I've been to!  ;)

Link color:  R0 G128 B0  (Green)
Vlink color: R128 G64 B0  (Brownish-Orange)

Jeff