 General / 4820
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:30:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:
I hope no one gets lost in the shuffle.

One thing, though, it may be a good idea to retain the Pause database
search box on the front page?  I figure a lot of people use it.

It'll come back in a different (and better) form where it's interleaved
with the other search results.  There'll be a /lego/ section off the main
www root homepage for restricting the search just to the LEGO database
portions, after the other stuff is folded in.

It's gone from the homepage now because multiple quick-search forms on a
single HTML page are problematic for Internet Exploiter.  That is, if there
are two or more forms on a single page each without explicit Submit buttons,
then MSIE doesn't know which form you are hitting the Enter key in.  This
caused a lot of grief for people when there were two forms on the homepage
before, and putting in an explicit Submit button to work around the bug
would be an icky kludge.

A workable stopgap until the interleaved search results are a reality might
be a hyperlink at the top of the present search-results page which takes the
user over to the sets-DB page for their query.  At least that would help get
people where they want to go if they accidentally used the Search Newsgroups
box to search for a set.

--Todd