 General / 40997
Re: Divorce?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Trevyn Watson writes:
Terry Prosper wrote:

But LEGO!?  That's not even organic!

I hate to be pedantic (and people hate me when I'm pedantic), but Lego
bricks are made of ABS, aka Acetyl Butyl Styrene or
Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene. The chemical formula is
[(c8h8)k-(C3H3N)l-(C4H6)m]n. I don't know what a lot of that formula
means, but I do know that C mean Carbon, and anything containing carbon
(except cyanide and carbon dioxide) is by definition organic.

Just curious.  Would this make Gasoline (or any fossile fuel) organic?

I suppose it would, since they could not easily exist on planets where there
had not been life at some point.

-H.