 General / 40812
40811  |  40813
Subject:
Divorce?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:28:49 GMT

Tabarnak!  (This is cursing in French...)

Ok, so we've all read those nice little post about a great experience with
LEGO, or how LEGO changed our lives in a positive way.  But LEGO can also be
an important cause of divorce...  Well, maybe not divorce, but right now,
i'm really pissed off at my wife.

I asked her to help me move some Star Wars models around to make space on my
huge table for me to work on some creations.  The table was almost
completely covered with parts i'm sorting for my BriskLink shop
(LegoCentrix), my Optimus Prime (which is in rally bad shape, so I can't
move it until I repair it) and my ISD.  The plan was to move the ISD on a
shelf, previously occupied by SW models, which would be moved to another
smaller shelf.

So we started moving the SW modes, but because my wife is too small (5'1")
and the small shelf is 8' above the ground, even on a chair, she could not
see what she was doing, so I had to get on the chair.  About halfway through
the moving, i heard and felt something below me breaking...  The chair!  I
was too heavy for it, so a perfectly good dinner chair is almost ruined.
That got me in a bad mood.  I'm very short tempered sometimes.  This was one
of them.

So sge managed to finish the job, proving that she was perfectly able to do
so all along.  Nice!  A chair ruined for nothing.  So the next step was to
move the ISD.  Ever tried this?  It's tougher than it looks!  This monster
is not very sturdy, especially when something is not right.  I hadn't
noticed it, but one of the stands had a part detached, so the whole ship was
bending on the left side.  I had to repair 2 wings that had suffered some
minor damaged while showing the interior of the ship to some friends a
couple of weeks ago.  So I removed the wings, only to realize that the frame
was bending, not knowing that it was all because of one stand.  So anyway,
my wife told me that she didn't want to help me repairing the ISD because
she didn't know what to do.  Of course, trying to repair a monster like this
requires more than 2 hands.  Hell, 2 hands are almost mot enough to secure
the ship while someone works on it, so imagine working on it while one stand
is damaged, with nothing to hold it.  Can you guess what happened?  It got
worst.  Way worst.

I asked.  No.  I ordered my wife to come and help me.  I couldn't do it
alone and it had to be done right away, the frame was bending and i feared
that it would fall apart if I did nothing to change that.  I finally
succeded in repairing mostly the ship.  Enough so that we can move it to
it's new home, on a strong, high shelf where nothing could happen to it.  So
I asked her to help me with this final task.  This was my biggest error.

Things were going smoothly when she decided that she should push on it from
under, for absolutely no logical reason.  The only problem is that it was
partly under the shelf at that moment, so she squished the right side under
the shelf while I was holding the center frame.  this made the whole frame
to bend, warp and twist in a way it's not supposed to.  The damage was
extensive.  I miraculously put the ship bach on the table after loosing only
minor parts.  I was very very pissed off.  3 days it took me to complete the
ISD.  3 days ruined in a second.  By my wife.

Now it's back in its original box, in parts.  I'll rebuild it in a couple of
months when i move to my new appartment.  Right now, I don't even want to
see my wife.  Not for the evening.  Let myself breath a while, because i'm
really angry at her.  But this is only a bad day.  Nothing to worry about...

So, what about your bad LEGO stories?

Terry