 General / 40979
Re: Divorce?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:21:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.general, Kirby Warden writes:
being childish because YOU chose all the
wrong words to express this "sarcastic" vent?

But Kirby, that’s the nature of ‘sarcasm!’
You choose all the “Wrong words” specifically in order to apply an inflection.
The “wrong words,” when properly understood, are what create the humor!

By explaining the nuances or by being stolidly direct the whole scenario will
appear dull and uninteresting. Thus, by sarcastically portraying certain events,
the general situation will appear far more interesting/comical.

Matt Hein wrote:
I'm going to have to side with you on this...
What I hate most in a person is when they
go out and blatantly judge someone based on
their statements, not actions.
I believe Terry meant little offense when he
wrote the original post.

I too am siding with Terry on this one.
I believe Matt Hein and I see the post for what it is…fun…

It’s jus’ too bad that simply because some people don’t ‘get it’ or
misunderstand a situation, they have to -rain on the parade.-    :(

  Or at least that’s what I understood…I could be wrong.   ;)

                             --==Richard==--

Thanks Richard !
This thread has really got me down, but it's posts like yours that make
LUGNET a happy place to be!
Terry