 General / 40819
Re: Divorce?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 04:02:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper writes:
Tabarnak!  (This is cursing in French...)

<snip extensive variety of atrocities suffered by Terry's wife>

I was very very pissed off.  3 days it took me to complete the
ISD.  3 days ruined in a second.  By my wife.

Now it's back in its original box, in parts.  I'll rebuild it in a couple of
months when i move to my new appartment.  Right now, I don't even want to
see my wife.  Not for the evening.  Let myself breath a while, because i'm
really angry at her.  But this is only a bad day.  Nothing to worry about...

Terry, your story reminds me of when we moved out of town to our current house.
My husband wanted me to help him move his classic MG by towing it tied to the
back of our truck with a rope, something I really wasn't wild about doing but
agreed to anyway.  He would sit in the MG and steer, as it wasn't running and
it didn't have working brakes.  He gave me extensive instructions on how I
should drive, stop, go, etc.  As we were getting to the turnoff from the main
road to our road there was a car tailing us, so I tried not to brake too much
because I didn't want that other car rear-ending us.  Well, I looked in the
rear-view mirror and there was my husband making these wild gestures at me, so,
startled, I put on the brakes.  Of course he plowed the MG right into the back
of the truck.  His reaction was just like yours-- boy, was he ticked.  It
turned out he had been gesturing for me to slow down because he thought I
wouldn't make the turn at that speed.  But he got really upset and was a
complete jerk about it, just as I suspect you may have been to your poor wife
who was only trying to help you.  Now if my husband needs any kind of help like
that, I won't do it, he has to call a friend or one of his brothers.

If you need help moving heavy objects high up, get a friend to do it,
preferably someone at least six inches taller than your wife.  Maybe a fellow
AFOL if there is one around.  Don't force your wife to do something she might
not be able to do the way you like.  It's not worth such bad feelings.

And Terry, you say you *ordered* your wife to help you?  son of a ----- mon
Tabarnak!  (This is French cursing I learned in college when I spent the
weekend at a friend's whose family lived in Montreal.)  :-)