 General / 40913
40912  |  40914
Subject:
Worst LEGO experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:01:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper writes:
Tabarnak!

There is a free weekly paper here called "the Advertiser."  It consists of
about eight pages of classified ads that can be placed for free, and
survives on money from paid advertisements.  I made a habit of scanning it
for Lego as soon as I received my copy every Friday, but my efforts were
fruitless for so long that I gave up about a year ago.

A few weeks after I quit, I was reading a book while my NLSO was perusing a
week-old copy of the Advertiser.  She said to me, "Hey, look!  Someone
placed an ad to sell some Lego."  The ad read "For sale, Lego, 80 sets, over
8000 pieces.  Asking $80 or best offer.  Call Bob at ###-####"

I immediately made the phone call.  A woman answered.  I asked if the Lego
had been sold yet and said I'd be glad to pay $80 for it.  She replied "I
don't think he's sold it yet.  I'll get him to call you back."

Fifteen minutes later, Bob calls back and says, "I'm sorry to inform you
that I have already sold it."

I have resumed scanning the Advertiser every Friday, with renewed vigour.

Jeff J