 General / 20129
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:48:43 GMT

From: "Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com>

If it helps a bit to put those prices in perspective, $175 is 2 weeks
groceries
for a family of 3-4, 1 weeks childcare, 1 weeks rent or mortgage repayment on
a standard family 3 bedroom home with a yard, a season's set of new children's
clothes.  It is also more than enough to buy 2 brand new children's bicycles,
or a quality 3 swing set for the backyard.

That's incredible. I pay $1120 per month for my 900 sq. ft. one-bedroom
home.

Maybe I should move to Australia... I'd have more money for Lego.   ;^)

~Mark