 Dear LEGO / 2285
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:39:50 GMT

It depends, of course on what set you are talking about.  The 1200 piece basic
set is something around US$20 at toys 'r us.  (I don't know what it is outside
of the US.)

Entirely agreed.  I woudl buy in a heartbeat the bulk tubs of LEGO over teh
clones.

The thematic sets are far more expensive, but I think LEGO has
much
higher quality of thematic sets.  The Megablock/ultrablock whatever block sets
feel like they are cheap copies.  The bricks maybe ok (i really don't know, I
would never buy them), but kids know they aren't the good stuff.  It is like
comparing the generic army action figures to GI Joe.  There's a difference.

I think your analogy is incorrect.  It is like buying GI joes, and a GI-joe
clone that is a slightly different color, of slightly inferior material, but
functions and looks just the same.

I have both in my collection and I cannot tell the difference between them,
besides color.  This is true, however, only on the bigger parts.  On the
smaller parts, the difference in quality becomes apparent.  teh smaler peices
break more easily.

Jason