 Dear LEGO / 2305
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Johnston writes:

I disagree, Bradley.  The Pink, Magenta, Lavender, etc., if used properly, can
look very good.  At the very least, they work with white.
Eric Kingsley's Main Street is a good example of how to use pink with other
colors.

Yes, I saw Eric's Main Street, and I liked it.  It inspired me to use my own
pink pieces, on a castle.  It is one of my favourite castle MOCs I've done.  So
I take it back, pink parts are useful and interesting.

Also, I love the Belville sets.  They are truly gold mines for cool parts.  :)
I just wish I knew what to do with all the 'figs...  :D

They are good for parts- 5823 Millimy's Bedroom has two cats, a treasure chest
and treasure, a magic wand, a silver mug- but there is a lot of junk parts too.
5844 ind Surfer just looks like a way to get a dolphin for $5.00.  I mean, if
you're desperate for a dolphin, that might be okay.  I don't think they make
many o them anymore.  I have absolutely no idea what to do with the figures.
They might be compatable with Technic, I'm thinking Cyber Slam...  Nah, just
sell them or give them away.

If you truly dislike the pieces, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Email me, and we can work something out.
Not a problem anymore, I like the pieces now.

Many girls I've talked to would've loved the houses they had in the early • '80s.
Its a shame TLC stopped making houses...  Also, my nieces absolutely *love* • the
Belville horses...  :)
Its a shame for boys too.  I have lots of homeless truck drivers and railway
employees in my town.  The only residential buildings seem to be the castles
now, but they don't have adequate bedrooms or kitchens, mostly treasure
storage, jails and magic-relaed rooms.