 Dear LEGO / 2289
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:17:24 GMT

Hi

Ok I am a lego fan but I have a 6 years old boy that loves star wars.
After a loong time of pressing request I bought him last Xmas a Hasbro X-wing
that in Italy has more or less the same price of my lego X-wing (that is true
is much smaller)
He played two hours with the Hasbro X-wing and then he took my X-wing and
started to play with it, "modifying" it for all the missions needs.
After six month he is still playing with "my" lego x-wing and the Hasbro
X.wing
lies forgotten somewhere in my house.
Which had the better price to play-time ratio?

Marco

I agree with you, but I think most parents who are ignorant of the benefits
of Lego will simply buy the Hasbro set, since it is bigger (and the American
attitude of bigger = better).

It's up to all us AFOLs to let the people know! ;^)

~Mark