 Dear LEGO / 2282
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:00:57 GMT

I wouldn't mind seeing stuff aimed at girls that wasn't so...well...
Barbie-esque.  But that's just personal.  I find the amount of pink to be
offputting, and the suggestion that everything feminine is pink kind of
sets my teeth on edge.

Agreed.  Pink pieces are gross, and can't be reused in a normal town without
being noticed for being recycled Barbie-esque sets.  If placed next to any
other colour, it looks wrong.

Well..... I agree with Jeff that Belville is too pink but I don't agree that
pink is a bad color.  I think it is great in town and work really well putting
details and highlights on Victorian style buildings.

I personally think that the more colors the better (as long as we can get them
in bulk).

One example is that I used light pink window mullions in the three story
building in my Mainstreet.  The building is Tan, Blue, Red, and pink
highlights.  Sounds awful?  Take a look I really like it.

http://www.lugnet.com/town/~15/mainstreet/

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/