 Dear LEGO / 2316
Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:24:36 GMT

From: "Deidre Rushton Brumby" <drb@tasmail.com>

You'd certainly need the extra money for the Lego! :)
Seriously, I wonder though how things such as salary compare (not
asking personally), what standard that home, location etc etc (I
presume that is $1120 US) BTW what's 900sq ft in metric?

I'm not sure how salaries compare. I'm a graphic designer, so it's not like
I make the big bucks.  :^)

My home is about 20 miles north of Seattle, WA, and most of the housing
prices are severely overinflated here because of all the Microsoft nouveau
riche snapping up anything with a roof in the immediate Seattle area... 20
miles out was the closest I could afford.

That's 83.61 sq meters, BTW.  :^)

For a family on a single average wage $175 AUS per week is a lot of
money (in Australia).

Hmm. We're DINKs (Dual Income, No Kids) and we had to stretch a bit to get
into our house. Still, it's better than losing all the money on a rental

Deidre (just interested, not trying to start a standard of living flame
war!)
drb@tasmail.com

That's fine. No offense taken. :^)