 Events / BrickFest / *658 (-100)
  Re: Canucks?

Is there anyone planning on going from either Oregon or Minnesota? (I don't yet know where I will be) KEith (...) KEith ___...___ Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Train Coordinator for Brickfest 2002

(...) An interesting panel or round table discussion I would love to participate in would be one on designing layouts for operation. We're doing wonderful stuff with models and public displays, but I really haven't seen much in the way of actually (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Coordinator for Brickfest 2002

(...) You may contact me directly at tomjcook@directvinternet.com and I will also keep an eye on lugnet.events.brickfest and lugnet.trains.org for BrickFest input and comments. (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 BrickFest™ Logo

(...) Strongly request (as I always do) that collared shirts be made available as well, not just T shirts. I can wear collared shirts to casual clients, but T shirts are not a lot of good to me except for lounging around. I realise that they are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train Coordinator for Brickfest 2002

(...) Great news... Is he willing to have people contact him via email? If so you might encourage him to post his contact info. (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Canucks?

(...) I am seriously planning to go. Brickfest 2002 is a big priority on my list this year to do. I don't want anything else to stand in the way. I don't have classes, but I might have to worry that I don't have drill that weekend. If I do, I'll (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.ca)

  2002 BrickFest™ Logo

The BrickFest organizers would like to extend an invitation to all AFOL's that would like to submit their logo ideas/artwork for use by BrickFest 2002. This is a great opportunity to share one of your many other talents with the community. We are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Canucks?

Is there anybody planning on going from Ontario or Quebec? Jude (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Train Coordinator for Brickfest 2002

Tom Cook, Member of WAMALUG and WAMALTC, has agreed to be the Train Coordinator for Brickfest 2002. If you would like to present a seminar or clinic, would like to set up any kind of train display or be part of the "community" train display, or have (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Update, (still no registration info...)

(...) ...The back end for the registration page is holding us up at the moment, and that's my fault. I haven't been able to put the time into it to get the darn thing doing what I need it to do (CURSE MY WAGEMASTERS!!!) :-/ But rest-assured, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Update, (still no registration info...)

You can also try JetBlue, the newest of the "low fare airlines" From their website, "Fly Oakland or LA/Long Beach, CA to/from Washington DC/Dulles. Fares starting at $114." go to (URL) for more info. Prices quoted are usually "each-way" but only (...) (22 years ago, 23-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Update, (still no registration info...)

(...) BWI (Baltimore/Washington Int'l., for those who don't know) is by far the best way to get to the DC area, in my experience. You can often get nonstop flights on United from SJC (San Jose, CA) for under $200 round-trip, sometimes as low as (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  RE: Brickfest Update, (still no registration info...)

Re: (URL) ain't so bad... IIRC, (for BrickFest 2000) I was able to take a train from BWI to Union Station for about $5 and then take the subway from there to the campus for $1.50. BWI always seems to have cheaper airfare, at least from Cleveland. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Update, (still no registration info...)

Just to let you know that I saw that there was an upgrade this weekend to the Brickfest Info on Brickfest's webpage. Not much is there, except some preliminary information at this point. (I assume) that registration should be available very shortly. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What are the events at BrickFest?

(...) ...Historically, sometime around no wish, BrickFest starts really getting going. Announcements and opening of registration. Part of registration is a gauge of what people plan to do and what they would like to see. There's also a general call (...) (22 years ago, 12-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What are the events at BrickFest?

(...) On that note, you can expect there to be several LDraw sessions as well. The details are not ironed out, but several LDraw people are planning to make it (including myself) and we will hold a well-rounded group of LDraw sessions for the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What are the events at BrickFest?

(...) I expect that there will be Pirate Gaming, though there will be more logistical planning necessary since I won't be able to drive... Frank (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What are the events at BrickFest?

(...) ... (...) Actually, the LEGO community at large will get a chance to propose events. My understanding is that at some point in the future the registration page at (URL) will include a presenters form for workshop, roundtable, and event (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What are the events at BrickFest?

(...) Perhaps you should be patient and give the organizers of BrickFest a chance to get things together first. Once they've decided on the events, they'll provide descriptions and a schedule on the website. Think back and remember what it was like (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  What are the events at BrickFest?

It seems many Lego fans have the BrickFest link on their websites. When I visit the official BrickFest website there isn't any information about the events and location of them. Can anyone tell me what they are? Note: Whoever runs or controls (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Events?

Hi guys! Sorry it took me so long to get in on this converstation. I was waiting for my Lugnet confirmation. I will be attending this years Brickfest for the first time along with Jared Gilbert, my partner in crime on the film Midnight Ride. We have (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  SUMO

Would anyone be interested in SUMO (Mindstorms)? HRMUG has a SUMO arena I could bring, and we might even be able to do an exhibition match or something. Even still, the most fun would be if we could make it a competition! Rich (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Events?

(...) ...Let me add that I'm hoping we can get a TV/VCR set up in the 2nd floor "lounge" area this year to show animation. This was an idea from last year that I didn't get a chance to make work and I'm hoping when we start tinkering with schedules (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Events?

(...) Great! (...) Definitely! Even if it's just a "friendly" competition, it's always good to see other people's stuff. (...) All three of these have lots of potential. It's great to see how other people tackle a problem. Let me just throw another (...) (23 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Animation Events?

(...) Mike, Yes, I can say that there will definitely be something. I am working with Christina to determine what we can do and what we can't do. I will say from being there last year, that the facilities are excellent and there is a lot of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Animation Events?

Will there be any animation-related events at BrickFest 2002? Workshops? Contests? Film festival? etc? Mike (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Thanks Jude. I have no doubt that it's going to be, as the dead put it, "a long, strange trip." Marriage always is ;-) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Hehheh. That was a good one, Stephen. No, I'd prefer not to have my Super Chief thrown at my head! "Honey, we're taking a detour to Brickfest. I know you won't mind" KER-POW! Super Chief pieces everywhere :-) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Well congratulations on your impending nuptials. :-) Jude (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) ...What a better way to spend a honeymoon than locked up with a couple hundred other LEGO fiends? If your new wife really loved you, she'd let you go :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- Jain's Guide www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Man, talk about your bad timing on my part. I will actually be on my Honeymoon during those days. And somehow, I doubt that my wife will want to make a "detour". ;-) Oh well, maybe next year. (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Carlo, Not far from the location where Bricksfest is being held is this nation's capital. Have you or they ever seen it? The Washington Monument was recently opened again to the public with a new overhaul including elevators. The Smithsonian (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) I think I can supply the trees this year: (URL) Goodness! ^_^ Jeff (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) To cut costs down, iy is good to fly from I'tnl airport to I'tnl airport. Since from Lansing they route you to flint or Detroit anyways. (...) I thought I explained I can't carpool due to time limitations. If I didn't I'd LOVE to carpool with (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Oh thanks (I won't turn this into a full blown war ;) (...) Many commuter/domestic commuter airports there are. Choose you will. Bishop is a pretty good one to fly out of. Down here as in Lansing--Detroit--Flint???? You will want to either (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Rick, Don't know where you are coming from, but would driving be a cheaper alternative? You also might be able to catch a ride or carpool with anybody driving...(I'm already planning on attending--and will probably be driving from Atlanta) As for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) More planning would definitely be better, though it would still be good to allow for freeform at least around the edges. Unfortunately, someone else will have to supply the trees and whatnot for sprucing up the area since I won't be bringing (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Please Kai, don't come out of the closet. >:D All kidding aside, about Brickfest, I am in the process of gathering money for a plane ticket down here to Washington DC for the Friday and Saturday of Brickfest. I would love to stay on Sunday, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) There are a fairly good deal of everyone's sig-figs stranded at odd places on the IOM, so I doubt if, logically, another gathering would be feasible. But who says we need logic? How about this for a crazy idea to combine a gathering and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Looks like Shiri and I posted pretty much the same idea at about the same time. A fair amount of planning will be necessary but this is very doable. We just need to figure out how many of us are interested, who wants to build what, and how much/what (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

Cool, I'll be there! This time I won't have found out about it 48 hours before it kicks off! (...) I'm not part of CW, but in terms of castle stuff generally, I am planning on bringing my biggish castle which I have been working on since last fall. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) I think it is as a big Rubbermaid container. (...) Notice how Shiri takes a spot front and center <g> (...) You may want to get a couple of photo examples to help make sure everyone understands what you wrote, you would hate to get there and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) Heh, if I knew what a Roughneck was I'd probably understand :-) Yeah, 90% is a pretty good chance. My tests should be over by then, definitely, so things are looking up. (...) Oooh, a large MOC on IOM? I'm intruiged :-) I was thinking we (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) You mean, T-34*s*...;) Also, there is no more Friedrich der Grosse. The prow is the only piece remaining that's not dismantled; that's going this week. best LFB (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Oh my, looks like there are going to be a lot of teens attending this year. Maybe I should come out of the closet and come this year....... Kai (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Well I Would love to come, since the train ride is only about 3 hours but unfortunately i might only be able to spend one day, unless i can convince my family that going to Virginia will be a good experience and i good place for a vacation ;) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 "Gathering" Ideas

(...) Awesome! Thanks for the update Shiri, I've been waiting for the official dates for a while now. (...) Cool, 90%'s a pretty good chance, eh? I, for one, don't plan on being square. My dad and I are driving over, so I can bring one of my big (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Well I sadly did not attend last year. I realy dindn't post anything last year because The whole school year was test test test. The time is great and it it on a weekend so my dad wont miss work. The gathering was cool but lets not get in a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

XP .castle.org.cw (...) Dear everyone, The dates for BF 2002 are published: July 19-21, 2002! I for one, will 90% surely be there, and so will you (unless you plan on being square!) So, guys, I'm ready & waiting. What will CW put on this year? Our (...) (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Yay, me too! I have received an official, signed and sanctioned NLS certificate of approval. Beware, T-34 ... ;) -s (23 years ago, 12-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) No excuse necessary! Brief yes, uninformative no. L0L. (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

BrickFest 2002! July 19-21, Arlington, Virginia. We will open pre-registration in early April. Christina Hitchcock P.S. Please excuse me for my previous brief and uninformative post. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) ...I'm working on it!!! Almost there! (all computerized this year even! :-) (tho I have no way of load testing my poor server... so try not and swamp the poor beast when I get the registration page up! :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2002

(...) Christina- Only the dates seem to have changed (which is important, yes); have you started taking pre-registrations yet? Is there some other content on the brickfest site that goes with this announcement? thanks, LFB (Yay, I can make it this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2002

www.brickfest.com Christina (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Anyone for a Celebration of Classic Space at Brickfest?

(...) Wonderful! Any ideas on what form it would take or how it will happen? Anyone got any input? Should it be limited to a certain year span or does all space get included? Will there be a MOC section? Should there be a special display from the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Anyone for a Celebration of Classic Space at Brickfest?

I agree it would be great neet to see. Christina (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: Anyone for a Celebration of Classic Space at Brickfest?

Chris, It's an interesting idea. One that probably deserves some discussion. I'm sure that as this discussion unfolds, some consensus for the idea will be revealed. Not that Brickfest last year didn't have enough divergent subjects as it was mind (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Anyone for a Celebration of Classic Space at Brickfest?

Hiya, there's a good chance I'll get to attend my first fest this summer (yay). I dunno what has really been done towards pumping up space at the fests or if special rooms have existed for it... So how about this, a room dedicated to Space, Classic (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: When is it???

It will likely not be the first weekend in July because of 4 July Holiday. Christina (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: When is it???

July 2002 An announcement will be made as soon as a few more things are finalized. Thank you for your continued interest and I hope you can attend BrickFest 2002. Regards, Christina Hitchcock (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: When is it???

(...) Even a ballpark figure, like "It's going to be one of these 3 weekends", would be great for people who need to plan vacation and / or travel. (23 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  When is it???

So when is BF 2002 going to happen? Does anyone know yet? When can we expect an annoucement? TJ (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Ride to and from LAX

DOH! This should be in BricksWEST, not BrickFest. My apologies. -Tim "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:GqFJKo.74A@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Ride to and from LAX

Hi everyone - I'm looking for a ride to and from the airport for BricksWest for myself and possibly one other person. I'll be arriving at LAX on Friday the 15th at 11:50 am, and departing from LAX at 10:10 am on Tuesday. I possibly have one friend (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

If you do indeed mean BrickFest in DC, then yes, there will most likely be at least one BrikWars game. Hopefully several. I am working with WAMALUG, the host club, and am trying to even plan some scenarios so that people can prepare and bring armies (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

(...) ...lol :-) just loved the sound of the word when I was typing the note... and it sounded so much better than bastard children! <tongue firmly in cheek :-) (...) mmmmmmm salmon.... tho I can imagine fellow bricksters returning year after year (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

(...) ___...___^^^...^^^___...___ SPAWNED!?!?! What are we, salmon? 8?P Matt (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

(...) ...Start saving now!!! But also, there is a spawned group starting "BricksWest" this year... check them out (well, maybe not spawned... sistered?) (but still start saving to his BrickFest! :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com jains.has.it <-- (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

Ummm, heard of BricksWest?? :-] (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:Go5pw5.4o7@lugnet.com... (...) I'm guessing DC as in Washington DC, so I most likely can't go. -- Markham (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 2002 Brickfest

(...) George Mason University, in DC, around the middle of July. So it's not during the school year. Adrian (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  2002 Brickfest

Where is it usually, and will it be during the regular California school year? -- Markham (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) Cary,at this past years brickfest we used wamalugs tables...if we can get a height from them i'm sure we can get something close.Someone mentioned a spiral....at the last BF Troy C,Ken C. and myself built a spiral from a stage to the floor (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz writes: ... (...) OK, I'm up for the challenge. Chris, can you figure out how many bricks it is from the floor to the height of your monorail on the tabletop, give or take a few? My spiral is around 12 bricks (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) I was thinking of the stuff you were setting up when I thought about this. If a bunch of us with large monorail collections all bring our collection, we could have an amazing setup. Hmm, one thing which would be neat, a monorail spiral like (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

"Chris Leach" <cleach@mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GnzrDw.8y1@lugnet.com... (...) and at (...) great (...) varieties (...) While I may not be as well equipped as Chris, I'm sure that I can brink my monorail collection again this year as well. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) I'm all for having even a bigger length monorail.Me and my 110 long straights will be there.CWLeach (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) ...Never too early to start floating ideas and building support :-) (...) ...That would be great. There were some displays of older cars and models and at least one small loop of 12v track and some fun with monorail. It would be great to (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002

(...) Well I'll probably sound like an ingrate, since George Mason was very gracious to allow BrickFest to be hosted there in the first place, but it would be even nicer if the trains were allowed to stay in the same room for the entire event. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Train history for Brickfest 2002

In the long range planning department... I'm planning on spending more time in the train room for Brickfest 2002. I would like to work with some folks to try and put on a good display of train history. I'd love to set up a huge 12v layout, with both (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) It's clear from the responses here that a bunch of folks would enjoy a Piratefest. I hope we can eventually do this, because I'm willing to commit a weekend to the Pirate Game, I'm just not willing to commit all of Brickfest weekend to the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

I'll just put my answers right into the text: (...) If time were not the issue, I would push for both. A Campaign game that had time to develop a little would be nice ( getting into bigger ships, more strategical action etc. ) (...) Greater (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) ...I prefer campaign from bystander and player. Its fun to come and go and see how things develop and to know that when I cant make it back for a few hours, its still the same people just with bigger ships and guns :-) ...However, I've never (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

I'm appending to your response with my own answers to the survey and responses to some of your thoughts. (...) Campaign (but ideally one (or more) of each). (...) RPing, flexibility (both in terms of player committment and goals), customizability to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) Campaign. (...) The "freedom" of such a game to take many tacks to the action Marshalling scarce resources (e.g., building from nothing) (...) BIG SHIPS (...) I might GM, either specific groups of ships or sutling. (...) 48-60. (...) Not that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

My own answers to the survey... (...) Not really sure, some preference to campaign (...) Role playing, easier for players to come and go (...) Get to use the larger ships (...) Prefer to GM (...) I'm inclined to seriously consider limiting my (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) As Lindsay has said, Pirate Gaming at Brickfest is almost a given. I will be looking for what's to make it less demanding of my time however. I really want to have plenty of time to enjoy Brickfest as a whole. I will welcome thoughts on how to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) Yup, you're right. Serves me right for skimming instead of reading. Sorry about that. James (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) No, not necessarily. Steve Jackson may decide to come to BrickFest. Jeff (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) I think you may be confusing the East Coast event with the West Coast event... Matt (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) And Evil Stevie... :) James (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

(...) I think the Pirate Game is a "given," provided that Frank, Chris, and I (or any two of the three, I'd bet) are attending. I'm planning to be there this coming year, so there you go. But we usually go campaign-game, though no discussion has yet (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Any talk of a Pirate Game or BrikWars at BrickFest 2002?

Just wondering, has anyone put up for a Pirate Game or Brikwars for the 2002? and if they have, are there any ideas for scenarios or situations? I'd put a plug in for a Napoleanic, Civil war style BrikWars game if there hasn't been an idea put forth (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.western, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: When will brickfest 2002 be?

(...) Christina no on the 13/14th of july.pleee...eeese..........train show:-) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: When will brickfest 2002 be?

(...) We plan to announce the specific dates in February. Christina (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  When will brickfest 2002 be?

hello everyone, Just a simple question that I think the title summed up, does anybody know when brickfest 2002 will be. If anybody knows or even has an idea as to when it would be I'd really like to know.(well more like my parents want to know (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: topic idea that I'd like to hear from LEGO at Brickfest

(...) I kinda wonder how many of the designers speak English :) It would be pretty cool if they showcased some models, though-- 1st draft, 2nd draft, etc, to the final draft, and pointed out (where they were allowed) what was changed and why, etc. (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  topic idea that I'd like to hear from LEGO at Brickfest

...I was just looking over the new 2002 sets and thinking back to (in particular) the 2000 and 2001 StarWars sets and I would love to listen to a model designer about how they would have changed their set designs for recent (or non-recent) sets (...) (23 years ago, 26-Nov-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: Locations

(...) Well, since you haven't said which state you live in, I'd need to be a mind-reader... You can check the LUG map here at LUGNET: (URL) look at the Organization newsgroups: (URL) see the LUG/LTC dates of organization: (URL) or more of those (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact