 Events / BrickFest / 636
Re: Animation Events?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:46:55 GMT

"Todd Thuma" <thumat@gactr.uga.edu> wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Mike Yacullo writes:
Will there be any animation-related events at BrickFest 2002? Workshops?
Contests? Film festival? etc?

...Let me add that I'm hoping we can get a TV/VCR set up in the 2nd floor
"lounge" area this year to show animation. This was an idea from last year that
I didn't get a chance to make work and I'm hoping when we start tinkering with
schedules and layouts and planning that this can go.

Mike

Mike,

Yes, I can say that there will definitely be something. I am working with
Christina to determine what we can do and what we can't do. I will say from
being there last year, that the facilities are excellent and there is a lot of
opportunity.

Let me put you on the spot and ask you (and everyone else reading this) what
you would like to see presented in the way of animation at BrickFest 2002.

Let me start the ideas flowwing with the following:

1. A themed competition with the entries being displayed at judged at the
convention, possibly even on the Internet.

2. A "how to" and/or "hands-on" seminar where you actually get to practice some
animation techniques.

3. A tips-n-tricks discussion to pose ways of achieving a goal.

4. A round-table to discuss techniques and how others have done things.

5. A showing of classics

6. A discussion of software and hardware available and the pros and cons of
using that equipment.

Please, if you have any suggestions and would like to see them developed, we
are at the right point in the calendar to do this right by July.

Todd

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com