 Events / BrickFest / 579
Re: Train history for Brickfest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 01:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz writes:
In the long range planning department...

I'm planning on spending more time in the train room for Brickfest 2002.
I would like to work with some folks to try and put on a good display of
train history. I'd love to set up a huge 12v layout, with both blue and
grey era track and trains. As part of that, one thing I'd like to see is
how long a 7740 style train we can pull off. I can also contribute a lot
to a 4.5v display.

Of course for other things, I'll be happy to work with the monorail
enthusiasts to see how big a monorail layout we can manage.

Frank

Well I'll probably sound like an ingrate, since George Mason was very
gracious to allow BrickFest to be hosted there in the first place, but it
would be even nicer if the trains were allowed to stay in the same room for
the entire event.

I'm curious what Frank has in mind for the community monorail. The monorail
on WAMALUG's layout was already very impressive in length. One that makes
stops in all of the rooms, perhaps :)

Cary