 Events / BrickFest / *258 (-100)
  Re: Trains at BrickFest

(...) Of course 4.5v can run on any track... I'll be bringing some 12v and 4.5v (7735, 7720, a 7715 constructed from my parts bin, a 7719 constructed from my parts bin, and a 7740/7715/7719 styled club car). I will probably bring a small bit of blue (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

(...) I have a 590 Engine Co. 9, complete with box, instructions, and sticker sheet with only one sticker used which I would like to bring. I also have a 588 Police Station to bring. If we want to see how many Yellow Castles we can collect in one (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001

Historical Set Displays at BrickFest 2001 ...In working up the historical set display plans, I was hoping to get an idea from people what historical sets they would be bringing. We are hoping to assemble as compleat a collection as possible and hope (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Trains at BrickFest

As Christina mentioned, Tom Cook and I will be hosting/coordinating the train room at Brickfest. Tom and I are leaning toward the idea of a layout that we can take our time constructing and enjoy the process. We're encouraging a free-form layout (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

As a chronic leadfoot and Virginia resident, let me pitch in my advice. Most of I-64 and I-95 have 65mph speed limits and I assume the other highways are similar. Where it isn't 65 mph, the speed limit is 55 mph. In general the flow of traffic in (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Isn't Country Music an oxymoron? LOL (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes: I (...) Good idea, The Entry of the God's into Valhalla is splendid - I'll bring a Ring Cycle orchestral highlights disc. (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Train discussion BrickFest

Greg Kramer and Tom Cook will be the hosts for the train/town room at BrickFest. They will be the point of contact when you arrive at BrickFest and will assist everyone bringing Trains and town MOC's with locating a space and other general (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Well, it does go with the Fright Knights... (...) I could bring Aida along. Frank (who got to see Aida performed in a Roman amphitheatre when he was a kid) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Toccata and Fugue - We must be doing a Vincent Price B-Movie castle. LOL For castle, you really need a good Verdi Opera set in 15th/16th century Italy or Spain. Il Trovatore is perfect. But somehow, I'd don't think a lot of people would like (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I never got around to plotting out the campground. I'd say build on whatever baseplate you care to. I'll bring a bunch to use to fill in the gaps and give something for folks who don't want to lug too much or just want to build something from (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I will be bringing my 3-CD system up with me (that I normally use for background music when role-playing), and would be willing to let it sit in a corner and play. Fully loaded it's got about 3.5 hours of music before repeating, so people (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 6/18/01

Christina, I ordered a t-shirt when I registered and I was wondering if the design of the t-shirt had been announced... and if not, then when will that be announced? -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christina Hitchcock" (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

(...) Beware the I95 corridor from Richmond to DC. Speed may be checked from aircraft, so you can be tagged long before you see any sign of police on the ground. jk (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Ride from NYC needed to Brickfest

Although i could just rent a car or take Amtrak, is there anyone that would be willing to give me a ride? I'd pay all expenese. (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) At this time, room assignments are not final. We have a general idea of what we want where, but not everyone has had the opportunity to look at the rooms. The train room is the only thing that will not be relocated. We will make the final (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

Don't say that because Mark could do it!!!!! He's got the skillz!!!! (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Display Cards

Christina (et al.), I put this together for you to look at, in regards to the requests for display cards for builders to put by their models during the event. Take a look, and let me know what you think about using them. A final version can be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest train Room (was Re: MOC display space)

(...) The train room, 329, is almost square about 4000 square feet. I have added a draft map of the building to the bottom of the schedule page. (URL) Hitchcock Event Coordinator www.brickfest.com WAMALUG (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...A dream that may not take form this time around would be to have some networked PCs in most of the rooms so people can bring up their webpages and show off things that couldn't make the trip to the fest... ...The CD idea is a great one. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...No one group is going to have a claim on the tables, they are there for everyone. They are our tables (WAMALTCs), but we're bringing them for everyone. I guess the general idea would be that everyone gets one structure set up before anyone (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

(...) ...I don't know how many mecha builders are going to be there (tho unfortunately, some of the "big names" cant make it this year :-( But I'm sure your mecha will make a big hit (and be _way_ cool to watch in a brickwars game! :-) I cant wait (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Actually, I think a variety would be wonderful. Johnny Cash anyone?<1> (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I think any of Rob Zombie's records lend themselves to Fright Knights, so why not? (I also think his brother's band, Powerman 5000, works really well for space) Fritz (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Actually, what would be REALLY cool, is for people like me who have all the inspirations and details posted on their web page, to have networked PC's nearby some of the larger collections that can point to personal web pages. (wow, what an (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes: <snip> (...) Bummer. Will there be an alternate location to display train/town stuff on Sunday? jt (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

Why not just build a giant mecha and fly yourself there? :) Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

I'm still waiting for the "Fly Mark To Brickfest" fund to come through. Oh well, maybe next year. :^( ~Mark "No NNTP for you!" Sandlin (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) The first thing I would like to ask is how many of the 25 tables will be use by WAMALUG/WAMALTC members? How about one 4x4 table per out of town LUG/LTC? I am also guessing that the tables are square 4x4 baseplates or 40x40 inch? Then we all (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

wow nice mechs! suprised on number of ways you made em -- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' "Xcalabur" <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:GF5Kop.6F8@lugnet.com... (...) be (...) workshop (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Mecha at Brickfest?

Chris, we Mech guys have been kicking around the Idea of going next year because we just can'y make it this year. We already have some ideas about doing somthing simular to what you have suggested. Since Some of us just can't make it this year, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) that's an arrangement of 4x4 baseplates for those not in the know... (...) that would be really cool! My problem is that my current town section has the track raised up about ten bricks higher than the town. I guess I should build ramps or (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Mecha at Brickfest?

Hey all, I was wondering who all from the .build.mecha corner of lugnet is gonna be at the fest. I've got a bunch of minimechs (shameless plug here: (URL) ), most of whom will be making it to the fest for display, along with a few other newer ones. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) The WAMALUG tables are supposed to be there. We have 25 tables and each table holds 16 32x32 baseplates. I anticipate some spillage onto the other tables and possibly onto the floor. I know and have heard of at least two airports, two (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Weeellll, you've always got my perennial fave, good old <hick turned on> Country. </hick> 10 bucks says I'm the *only* one who wants this[1]. ;-) -Chris [1] Just in case anyone else does like country, I am not yet 21, hence gambling is still (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) I'll be at brickfest and have some experiance setting up large layouts. I plan on bringing an 256 stud long town section with a train running through it and some 8wide rolling stock/engines along with track. Are the wamalug train tables going (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Jake I have setup a 24ft.X 24ft display for our last GATS show and am designing(with Steve R.) our next one (20x30)which happens to be the week after Brickfest.What kind of room size wise do we have and what are people bringing? I was only (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I've always been partial to White Zombie and Lords of Acid..hehee :-) but I don't think either fit with the CW mood, not to mention the University Setting :-/ Christina (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) YESSSSSSSS!!!!! We'll be a pair of odd men out(especially listening to System of a Down). I'll bring some of my collection and see (...) Can't wait to see your stuff! (...) Fritz (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Hey can I be the odd man out too? I like listening to heavy stuff while I'm building too (Metallica, Disturbed, System of a Down, and Tool is okay too). I still love listening to soundtracks though and I think that would fit the atmosphere (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) I am cross posting this to .trains to see if anyone who is coming to Brickfest may also have some experience setting up a train layout. Any takers? Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest Update 6/18/01

What does the new little blue "^" by some of the names mean? jt (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Update 6/18/01

I have received several emails from people that missed the registration deadline and wondered if it was to late. Our goal was to have people register early so that we could plan the best event possible. We will be accepting late registration until (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...So lets get a coordinator for trains :-) Or at least warn people to bring lots of track. If everyone brings a few straits, a point or two, and 4 curves, I'm sure there would be plenty :-) Guess we should have some masking tape on hand for (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Um, well, I guess I'll be the odd man out here and suggest things that aren't quite so, um, obvious(i.e. soundtracks, not that i won't enjoy a little bit of that). I, personally, like to listen to strong, aggressive stuff when I'm building. in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Set Cards...

...I'm tinkering some with little cards to mark the historical set display we're going to try and set up and I need a flat file with the info in it (the one I have sucks). ...What I wanted to put on the cards was "Year", "Set Number", "Set Name", (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ...While I cant speak for sure, but yes to both questions. The idea is to have enough train table space that buildings and train related things can be displayed. And we should have enough track that everyone's cars can be both displayed and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) ..._great_ thought! We should bring some spare index cards and pens so people can label their sets and describe them (and print if they mind them being handled or not... (default naturally being don't touch... but there may be sets that people (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) I'll work on that tonight.. but if you don't see anything tomorrow morning please ask again. (...) you did indicate that you needed space. Thank you (...) The train layout at BrickFest is unstructured. We do not have anyone (that I am aware (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Good question about the train layout. I was planning on bringing a few cars, hopefully to run on the layout. Is this kosher? Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

I know this might be a lot to ask, but it never hurts to ask, can you somehow update the "list of attendies" to show who has requested MOC space? I forgot if I requested some space or not. Also if we're bringing train MOCs will there be room for (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Cool! Hey, if you could bring the CD player, that would be great. (...) Ummm, I think it's for all castle. I'm not sure about that, but I *am* sure that we'll leave some room for ya. The Gathering may be a CW-related event, but everyone is (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Heck ya! I'm bringing all my trance stuff... o/` Bum-tss-bum-tss-bum-...ss-bum-tss o/` (Repeat as many times as you can for as long as you can) ;-) ~Nathan (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Ooh, another organ fan! Hey, I'll listen to organ music for two hours (I listen to organ music most days), but you're right, most folks would probably prefer not to. I'll have a look at my cds which have the Toccata and Fugue in D minor by (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: MOC display space

(...) Only 42 of the 115 people registered have indicated that they need space to display. This event is about sharing our creations and ideas with others, getting input, and seeing new things. We will not be discouraging anyone that registered from (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  MOC display space

I'm trying to figure out how many of my MOC's I should bring along (when you consider my sculptures, I can take up a LOT of space!) I could easily fill up a 6 foot long table with my works, but I'm not sure if I should. How much would be (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: List of Regiseterd Attendees?

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<GF4D6A.27F@lugnet.com>... (...) Regan. (...) you (...) (same (...) since (...) BTW, you can pick up the subway from BWI into DC. The 2 systems overlap. -Rob. (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) That's a good idea, Shiri. I can bring a CD player if needed - I wouldn't want somebody to carry theirs on an airplane or train. Somebody mentioned the Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach - I have a 2 CD set of Bach organ works (although I (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Ok, I think I can respond to this after many tries. It seems that if I try and quote Todd and use his full name in the "Todd... wrote" header, my post dissapears into the bit bucket. In any case, I was going to mention that I'll be bringing a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: List of Regiseterd Attendees?

(...) ...If you're renting a car, any of the three will work fairly well. I find BWI easiest to use, since both Dulles and National seem over crowded for their design. National is definitely best if you aren't getting a car since its on Metro and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) ...So would techno and jungle-tech be appropriate? (PS Good idea with the music :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks BrickFest 2001! The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) I'll have some good stuff with me, including good soundtracks such as Xenogears, Escaflowne, Final Fantasy, and Last of the Mohicans. :) Jeff (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff. Just the opening and closing piece 'O Fortuna' was used in Excalibur, but the rest is worth a listen as well... monks, yes, but singing rather unmonkly things! Turn 'O Fortuna' up on bust or you won't hear the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) What, the music? Craig came up with the idea, actually. Or if you're talking about Scooby-Doo, I got a graduation present from my aunt and uncle with Scooby Doo on it, and he has a necklace with the initials "SD". I found that extremely funny, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:3b2d76c1.984966...net.com... (...) by any (...) understand (...) However, (...) That's (...) airline (...) Reagan (formerly known as National) Airport is your best bet. I personally avoid (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: List of Regiseterd Attendees?

depends on where your hotel is the brickfest itself would be closes to National (DCA)(10-20 miles), BWI is up in baltimore (kinda far), and dulless (IAD) is west about 40 miles. lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote in (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) And I have a CD full of chanting monks! -Suz (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) That’s really funny Shiri. How long did it take to come up with that? LoL @ Shiri Dori = SD, which = Scooby Doo! I won’t be attending, but I find that the Braveheart sound track is pretty good. And the battle song from Excalibur is great as (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: List of Regiseterd Attendees?

(...) I'll be there, come hell or high water. BTW, I'm going to be making airline reservations soon. What airport do I want to fly into? --Todd (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) That sounds like a lot of fun! Somewhere, I have a recording of JS Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor -- I'll see if I can find the CD! --Todd (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

(...) Hmm, I can definitely bring some castley stuff. I haven't been playing too much music while building (getting to the CD player and then finding a CD which it doesn't choke on has been a detriment to my home music experience - I really need to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Music in the Castle room during Brickfest

Hey guys, This is just to let you know that we are planning on having music at the Castle room during the Gathering. Since we at .castle have, repeatedly and consistently, mentioned music bringing inspiration, it makes a lot of sense to bring our (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

For anyone traveling to Brickfest via I-81 in Virginia, the VA State Police have been targeting that road a lot in the past few years because of a high number of speed-related accidents that occur there. I got my last ticket there. 71 mph in a 65 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Last chance to register for BrickFest 2001

(...) Even the first two letters... Will "at the door" registrations be allowed at all? (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Last chance to register for BrickFest 2001

(repost with corrected date :-) ...Today (15 June, 2001) is your last chance to register for BrickFest 2001! ...If you don't make it, you are going to miss: A Giant brick Play Area, Brick Wars, Castle World (including the largest gathering of CW (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Last chance to register for BrickFest 2001

(...) ...lol... well, at least I had the first letter of the month right :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks BrickFest 2001! The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event! (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Last chance to register for BrickFest 2001

(...) Today is not July 15th. :-) Were it July 15th it would indeed be too late to register for BrickFest 2001. I wish I could make it. Sounds like it will be a blast. John Hansen (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Last chance to register for BrickFest 2001

...Today (15 July, 2001) is your last chance to register for BrickFest 2001! ...If you don't make it, you are going to miss: A Giant brick Play Area, Brick Wars, Castle World (including the largest gathering of CW characters ever!), a massive (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

(...) It all depends. Once you get past Fredericksburg and you start to get near the Potomac Mills outlet mall(where the LEGO Outlet store is) and then all the way into DC the speed limit drops from 65mph to 55mph on I-95. I-95 is littered with (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

Ok this brings up a question, in Georgia the "unspoken" rule of thumb is as long as you don't go more than 11 mph over the limit you're ok, sounds like it's not the same in some of the Carolinas and Virginia....is that what I'm to understand? If so (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GEuHw1.588@lugnet.com... (...) James - since you are traveling up from Atlanta I assume you will take I-85 to I-95. It has been my experience (I travel the same route to go to Fairfax (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

The Virginia State Police take their revenue generation function very seriously. Also, like most states the Virginia selective road tax is statistically higher for out of state drivers. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!

You should definitely watch your speed on VA's interstates. The limit is 65 mph, and the troopers are much stricter than in most states, especially in work zones. They can be pretty tricky hiding and there are radar spots every single mile on the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

Ok, I'll make sure to put mine away in the trunk before I cross the state line. Most of the time I find the best radar detector is someone traveling just a bit faster than me. I try to find one of those and stay with in eye sight of them. jt -- (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message news:GEu0sI.BBq@lugnet.com... (...) information (...) It is absolutely true. When you cross the state line from NC (assuming you are coming from the south) there will be big signs telling that (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

(...) (URL) it's from a lawyer, no less (Of course the first one was from an ex-cop, so draw your own conclusions). Matt (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

(...) Not in Virginia OR going to BrickFest, but this might help: (URL) (Self-Proclaimed LUGNET King of Citing Stuff ©) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?

Is it true that Radar Detectors are prohibited in Virginia? I just heard that from a friend of mine at the office. Might be some helpful information to note for those of us driving to the fest. jt (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest just around the corner

(...) ...A "Guess Who" could be big fun! We could set it up but don't reveal the names until Sunday :-) ...Maybe everyone who brings a fig, we can give them a little gold star or somesuche for their nametag so at least we can narrow down the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest just around the corner

Hey, idea! <light bulb flashing above my head about NOW> How's about a line-up of me-minifigs? i.e., Everyone that has a lego fig "model" of themselves should bring it along, and we can have a big basplate full of them... maybe even have a contest, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) ...Yes, We had wanted to publish them earlier (well, at least I did :-) But things being what they are... :-) (...) ...Well, most of the designs were "roughs" (even sketches). That was great for the competition, and I think even the sketches (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest - Can't make it

(...) ...Always sad to hear someone who could "almost make it" have to pull out. But trust me, we are already learning so much this second time around, next year will be even better (and if you manage to pull it off this year, we will make it worth (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest - Can't make it

It is with great disappointment that I have come to realize I won't be able to BrickFest this year. With an eight month old daughter and other top priorities that require attention, there is just no way I can pull off a day trip from Philadelphia to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

COOL! Thanks Christina! Call me warped, but I really like the idea of the pirate ship going broadside with the train. Very clever-whoever did it. (One little thing though...if you really want to include my AYBABTU image, could you put up the newer (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

I know it is not pretty, fast, and others would probably have set it up differently but here you go. The fallowing link will take you to the page that contains the logo submissions for the 2001 BrickFest T-shirt. The t-shirt design has been selected (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) Thanks Stephen...Christina and I have been in contact by e-mail on this. Since there is no competetion now, I would really just like to see what else was submitted. (...) But you won't want screen-rez JPEGs, and that's what BrickShelf does (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) ...Christina will be posting a link to them soon (she may elaborate on delays then if she wants to ) They really were a good lot, and I think we got some great submissions. ...I want her to post them so that anyone working on things (like (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Still looking for roommate.

If anyone is still looking for a roommate for all or part of the Brickfest please let me know. Steve DeCraemer (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Polo Shirt (was Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest)

(...) addition to the T-Shirt, and if we can get enough interest, perhaps we can convince the powers that be to have it done (or give us release to take the design and have it done ourselves). So if you're interested in a Polo, give a "me too", or (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact