 Events / BrickFest / 178
Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 04:29:48 GMT

Ok this brings up a question, in Georgia the "unspoken" rule of thumb is as
long as you don't go more than 11 mph over the limit you're ok, sounds like
it's not the same in some of the Carolinas and Virginia....is that what I'm
to understand? If so I guess I better add a few hours to my expected travel
time. I was estimating about 8.5 hours for the 620 mile trip @ 74mph ,
that's taking bio-brakes and other stops into consideration. Sounds like I
need to plan more like 10 hours due to the differing opinions of what
constitutes a safe and courteous highway speed of our more northern law
enforcement officials in "Dixie". hmmmm...looks like I might have to get up
around 4am to start my journey.

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
Kevin Loch <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:GEuLKu.CM3@lugnet.com...
The Virginia State Police take their revenue generation function very
seriously.  Also, like most states the Virginia selective road tax
is statistically higher for out of state drivers.

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Seth McCarus writes:
You should definitely watch your speed on VA's interstates.  The limit is
65 mph, and the troopers are much stricter than in most states, • especially in
work zones.  They can be pretty tricky hiding and there are radar spots • every
single mile on the interstates.  Makes me glad I live in Tennessee, where • they
could hardly care less.

Seth.