 Events / BrickFest / 254
Re: Radar Detectors in Virginia - Watch your speed too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:36:20 GMT

As a chronic leadfoot and Virginia resident, let me pitch in my advice.
Most of I-64 and I-95 have 65mph speed limits and I assume the other
highways are similar.  Where it isn't 65 mph, the speed limit is 55 mph.

In general the flow of traffic in the left lane will be travelling at 10 to
20 mph above the limit.  If you blend in with that crowd you'll reduce your
chances of being singled out for a ticket.  This has been my strategy for a
long time and I haven't been ticketed in about 15 years.

That said, if everyone else is poking along and you want to move it then
keep this in mind.  Tickets aren't cheap, but reckless driving tickets will
seem like a mortgage payment.  In Virginia, reckless driving is 20 mph over
the speed limit, or 80 mph.

Happy motoring!

Rich