 Events / BrickFest / 173
Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:18:46 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message
Is it true that Radar Detectors are prohibited in Virginia? I just heard
that from a friend of mine at the office. Might be some helpful • information
to note for those of us driving to the fest.

jt

It is absolutely true.  When you cross the state line from NC (assuming you
are coming from the south) there will be big signs telling that your speed
will be monitored by Radar and VASCAR (a device the Virginia State Police
use to monitor speed while they are also moving - it measures how long it
takes them to catch you, and based on the speed of the police car computes
an estimate of your speed) and that radar detectors are illegal.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot