 Events / BrickFest / 177
Re: Radar Detectors prohibited in Virginia?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:18:26 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message
Ok, I'll make sure to put mine away in the trunk before I cross the state
line. Most of the time I find the best radar detector is someone traveling
just a bit faster than me. I try to find one of those and stay with in eye
sight of them.

jt

James - since you are traveling up from Atlanta I assume you will take I-85
to I-95.  It has been my experience (I travel the same route to go to
Fairfax where my parents live) that the VA State Police are very good at
hiding, particularly on I-85.  The north and south bound lanes of I-85 are
divided by a pretty thick tree line pretty much from the North Carolina
state line all the way to Petersburg (65 miles or so).  The police like to
hang out in those "official use only" cut throughs between the north and
south bound lanes!  Also, I think it is still the case that the speed limit
for commercial trucks is 55 and 65 for cars.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot