 Events / BrickFest / 212
211  |  213
Subject:
Set Cards...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:28:03 GMT

...I'm tinkering some with little cards to mark the historical set display we're
going to try and set up and I need a flat file with the info in it (the one I
have sucks).

...What I wanted to put on the cards was "Year", "Set Number", "Set Name",
"Theme" and "Piece Count" (they are small cards, so can't do much more than
that).

...Needless to say, printing a card for _every_ set is very prohibitive and
likely non-productive since I doubt we will get more than a scattering of
pre-80's sets. I was thinking of doing one for everyset in the past 10 years or
so (maybe 15), then sporadically for sets we know we will have on hand that go
back before that. (with lots of blanks for sets we didn't know were going to be
there).

So here's the rub with a couple of questions:

1) do you think "Year", "Set Number", "Set Name", "Theme" and "Piece Count" is
enough info to have on the card?  (should I perhaps include "Sub Category" to
the list (ie, Ninja as sub of Castle)??

2) how far back should I print "all sets" (10? 15 years?)

...I'm emailing this to Todd with the hopes he can extract it from the set list,
but I also am posting it incase someone out here has it too :-)
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.org