 Events / BrickFest / 224
Re: MOC display space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:51:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christopher Tracey writes:
Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote:
The train layout at BrickFest is unstructured. We do not have
anyone (that I am aware of) coordinating it at this time.  All train related
things are planned to occur on the third floor if not in the same room.  Some
people have sent track designs that they plan on incorporating into the larger
layout.  I recomend bringing track and whatever else you like.

...So lets get a coordinator for trains :-) Or at least warn people to bring
lots of track. If everyone brings a few straits, a point or two, and 4 curves,
I'm sure there would be plenty :-) Guess we should have some masking tape on
hand for people to mark track then...

I am cross posting this to .trains to see if anyone who is coming to
Brickfest may also have some experience setting up a train layout.

Any takers?

I'll be at brickfest and have some experiance setting up large layouts.
I plan on bringing an 256 stud long town section with a train running
through it and some 8wide rolling stock/engines along with track.

Are the wamalug train tables going to be used for the layout?

-chris

The WAMALUG tables are supposed to be there. We have 25 tables and each
table holds 16 32x32 baseplates.  I anticipate some spillage onto the other
tables and possibly onto the floor.

I know and have heard of at least two airports, two mountains, 10 downtown
buildings, and of whole town/city blocks that people are planning on
brining.  If it is decided to include these we may need to utilize the floor
space.

People may think I am really goofy here, but if everyone decided to bring at
least one structure (I know some of you are binging more than that), we
could create an amazing/huge layout.  It all depends, and is up to the
participants.

The only drawback is that the train room will only be available Friday and
Saturday.  Whatever is created will need to be dismantled/moved Saturday
night :-/

Christina Hitchcock