 Events / BrickFest / 237
Re: MOC display space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:11:36 GMT

"Robin Werner" <robstormer@cs.com> wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christopher Tracey writes:
Jake McKee wrote:

BIG SNIP

The WAMALUG tables are supposed to be there. We have 25 tables and each
table holds 16 32x32 baseplates.  I anticipate some spillage onto the other
tables and possibly onto the floor.

The first thing I would like to ask is how many of the 25 tables will be use by
WAMALUG/WAMALTC members? How about one 4x4 table per out of town LUG/LTC? I
am also guessing that the tables are square 4x4 baseplates or 40x40 inch?
Then we all need to know how many other LUG/LTC plan on bringing tables?
Also we still need the room size?

...No one group is going to have a claim on the tables, they are there for
everyone. They are our tables (WAMALTCs), but we're bringing them for everyone.
I guess the general idea would be that everyone gets one structure set up before
anyone gets two :-) Although I like your idea of "reserving" one table for each
LTC.

I know and have heard of at least two airports, two mountains, 10 downtown
buildings, and of whole town/city blocks that people are planning on
bringing.  If it is decided to include these we may need to utilize the floor
space.

Wow! looks like we need a better head count for the train room? With some
kind of club/per person space limit?

...If we spill over all the tables, we can go to the floor... and if worse comes
to worse, there are hallways and other rooms we can spill into (provided we
don't interfere with whatever else is going on in the building :-)

People may think I am really goofy here, but if everyone decided to bring at
least one structure (I know some of you are bringing more than that), we
could create an amazing/huge layout.  It all depends, and is up to the
participants.

That's not going to leave much space for trains?

...Last year we ran trains all down the hallway and around the lounges too :-)
_that_ was fun :-)

...I wonder if we can rig up a way to get the trains to take the escalators :-)

The only drawback is that the train room will only be available Friday and
Saturday.  Whatever is created will need to be dismantled/moved Saturday
night :-/

I sense a bit of a squeeze play being put on the Train/Town foks? I guess
will have to go castle Sunday:) Trains in the Castle room:) hehe...

...The unfortunate part is that train/town displays are big things and can
quickly consume even a good sized room, so we want to set a _big_ room for
trains/town, but the big room was already reserved to another group on Sunday
:-/

...Depending on what the final room arrangement ends up, the train display may
resurrect in some minor form in a different room on Saturday night/sunday (I
emphasize _may!!!_ I do _not_ speak for the BrickFest committee... just a
rambling idiot trying to help out :-)

I'd like to bring a 30x90 in. layout, but it looks like space is tight. I
guess I could make it smaller (40x40 in.)?

...I'd bring the big one, just cuz big is cool! :-) But if you want it on the
main tables, you may have to scrunch it down a bit :-)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com