Re: Music in the Castle room during Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:47:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
That's a good idea, Shiri. I can bring a CD player if needed - I wouldn't want
somebody to carry theirs on an airplane or train. Somebody mentioned the
Toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach - I have a 2 CD set of Bach organ works
(although I don't know if anybody wants to listen to an organ for 2 hours). I
also have some Wagner and a whole lotta Johann Strauss.

Cool! Hey, if you could bring the CD player, that would be great.

I have a few questions: is this room going to be the room for all castle >things or is it strictly for CW stuff? As a non-CW person, I am hoping that >there will be room for everybody.

Ummm, I think it's for all castle. I'm not sure about that, but I *am* sure
that we'll leave some room for ya. The Gathering may be a CW-related event,
but everyone is welcome. There are definitely some non-members participating.

Also, I am in the process of building a large, 3-story inn. Could it be worked
into the Gathering layout? I will probably also bring my tavern from last year
(the yellow half-timber one) if there is room.

I'm sure it could be, and in fact, you were one of the first people on my
list (you said you're not bringing characters, just structures). That's
fine, unless we run out of room (I don't think we will...).

I did ask Christina how big the room was - she couldn't give me a definite
answer at the time. Any news on that, Christina?

And, BTW, since classes will be in session in nearby rooms, we will have to
kinda keep it down. I am the official in-charge of not cranking the volume
up too high. ;-)

-Shiri