 Dear LEGO / 189
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:32:33 GMT

Like Larry Pieniazek wrote,

Agreed. EXCEPT for the fact that no matter how we rearrange things, we
cannot get a green 1x4x3 train window to appear for a reasonable price.

I would talk so loud, because it happend before. Who had ever dreamed of
seeing light blue bricks. But LEGO modellers used them for the Tower Bridge
model in 1996, listed although but not free available.I think they are able to
make any set in any colour. As long as theirs use for it.

Or a forest wench. We can get very efficient at building community,
creating, modeling, doing software, and general clubbish stuff, we can
even get quite efficient in reallocating from the universe of sets
produced, but we CANNOT part out sets and end up with parts that were
not in them to start with.

The total list of LEGO bricks is very huge, I imagine at this moment at least
2 ordners thick, with the colours to go with it it becomes an very long list
or a very long stretch for a walk when set aside on the floor.

TLG has yet to show that it has the corporate aptitude to meet the needs
of this community.
Please prove me wrong.

I think it has the aptitude, it just doesn't have the desire. Yet. But
it's at least sniffing around trying to arouse itself. We must fan that
flame.

1 - Paraphrasing Jefferson: "sorry for the length of this letter, I
didn't have the time to write a shorter one"

Greetings and keep building
Nico