 Dear LEGO / 170
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 01:40:59 GMT

Jeroen Ottens writes:
Hi everybody,

My name is Jeroen Ottens. I work at Lego Futura Technic Billund (the
development department of Lego as you will probably know).
Yes I am one of TLG
My job is to design some of the new Lego Technic models. However I am also
involved in a group which is investigating the possibility of starting up
International Lego Clubs for Juniors and Adults.

Hi!  Thanks for coming here!  (you probably  also want to start this discussion
on usenet (rec.toys.lego)

I would guess that the four overwhelming responses you're going to hear are:

1: We want TLG to pay attention to us,

2: We want more (service packs,  such-and-such set, classic theme back,
contests, discounts, etc) - Come to think of it, you'll probably hear all of
those and more,

3: a reluctance  to 'give up' anything without some significant benefits in the
doing, and

4: are you for real? :)  Seriously though, while I haven't been frequenting
Lugnet or RTL for more than about 6 months or so, one of the common gripes that
can be picked up pretty quickly is that TLG has ALWAYS refused to acknowledge
us (the AFOL's) in any kind of official capacity.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/