 Dear LEGO / 191
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:05:52 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Mark Tarrabain <markt@lynx.bc.ca> wrote:
4)  Re-releasing Old Sets.

This would be cool.  Although it might reduce the value of existing vintage sets.
Rereleasing in different colors doesn't seem like a particularly attractive
solution to me, personally, so I don't know how they'd be able to please both
sides.

Sorry if this offends but I don't think that anyone who HAS vintage
sets and honestly plans to keep them would care less if that same set
were rereleased in the exact same colors.  People who have old sets
they are sitting on in hopes of selling them for a fortune are the
only people who should mind seeing those sets rereleased.

So if those are the two "sides" of the issue I'd say one of them
doesn't matter, and I think most people would agree which side that
is.

Bring back some of the old classics.  I'd LOVE to see some of my
classic Castle sets reduced in value if that means I too can purchase
them in large quantities.

Actually, it doesn't matter to me personally either.  I was merely attempting to be
sensitive to the needs of people that I would imagine are actually out there. I would
have guessed, however, contrarary to what you are saying, that many people with
vintage sets value the sets *because* they cannot be obtained any more.  It's not
about making a profit, it's just about having something that not everybody else can go
out and get themselves.  I don't know any other AFOL personally, though, so I could be
wrong.

Mark