 Dear LEGO / 175
Re: TLG investigation (Long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:26:53 GMT

David Till wrote:

Jeroen Ottens writes:

My job is to design some of the new Lego Technic models. However I am also
involved in a group which is investigating the possibility of starting up
International Lego Clubs for Juniors and Adults. • <snip>
What could Lego do to help you?
Would an official Lego certificate give extra value, even if it would mean
that you would loose some of your freedom (Lego has to protect his/her
image)?
If you are member of a lego-club (and that can be seen in the broadest
sense as possible) and you think you have something to say, please do.

Emailed, posted to Lugnet and rec.toys.lego - It has already reached there!

I have read the entire thread and taken some notes. From these I have come up
with many things to say.

Firstly, an international club would be great. I for one would join, as I'm
sure would many people from here, and RTL. However, If such a club was to be
formed It would be best if it was offline. I know of many AFOL's

This would be nice of course, but even nicer with an on-line extension, to cover
people from neigbourhoods, that are not crowd enough to form a local club. I'm
the only AFOL on the net from Turkey (of corse there could be some, but I don't
know any) for example.

Selçuk