 Dear LEGO / 181
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:53:42 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

...snip... smummarizing Larry:
1. TLG must take the AFOL community seriously.
2. Bulk parts. I want access to any part that is in current production.
3. Foster consortiums.
4. Better buckets.
5. Better service packs.
6. Most important. Be true to yourself. Don't give in to the tide of low
attention spans. Fight it. Stop juniorizing every single line.

The original question about clubs is actually only of limited interest
to me. I'm not sure I'd care for  restrictions on what I could do in a
club unless there was a clear benefit. Certificates and frothy articles
don't do it. I want parts, parts and more parts. And some sense that TLG
gets it.

I agree with Larry.
I would probably not bother to join such a club if it did not
offer service packs and bulk parts for adult modelers.  This newsgroup
and individual websites are providing a wealth of ideas, information,
original models, and historical information.    It is also offering
part sales, but not at attractive prices.  The club would have to
go beyond that and add something new... like discounts and bulk parts,
a forum where we can express ideas and TLG can officially respond,
and a method to meet face-to-face rather than only in the form of ascii
text messages.
And we can even do the latter without the help of TLG.
The Internet community is ahead of you and moving faster to service
itself.
TLG has yet to show that it has the corporate aptitude to meet the needs
of this community.
Please prove me wrong.