 Dear LEGO / 182
181  |  183
Subject:
Another Adult Friend of LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 01:17:36 GMT

  I think Town Junior *was* a good idea, to a degree. Lemme 'splain!

  I enjoy building my own vehicles, and I've got bins of various
small axle plated to prove it, collected from a large variety
of kits over the years.

  However, I don't mind a *few* of the prebuilt chassis. It makes
for quicker assembly. Now, I've collected my few, and I don't think
I need any more.

   - Prebuilt units are big, making storage more difficult
   - Prebuilts came in a small selection of colors, making it more
       difficult to make unusual color combinations.

  I've seen a few new kits in the town line, but I'm certain that
they have Town Jr. body parts, so I'm going to avoid them. Since I
don't want the larger prebuilts, the kits suddenly become very pricey
collections of town elements, and I can't justify the cost. (I'll
wait for Auczilla to start carrying some of these elements, and pay
for just those parts.)

  Speaking of Auczilla, I'm a big fan of thes auctions, where I can
try to buy specific elements in quantity. I'd *love* to see more
Service Packs available through LEGO, such as:

   + Train-related sticker sets (replace the <-o-> logos)
   + Sets of 8 - 24 decorated elements (tiles, bricks, angle bricks)
   + Specific parts in one color, in bulk (bricks, plates, elements)

  I'm also worried that the 1999 Train line is going to be Train Jr.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going to 'wait and see', letting others buy
the first sets, and give their reviews on the newsgroups, before I
put any of the new trains on my wish list. The prices for the bigger
kits (stations and train) are too high for the parts I'd be adding to
my collection. (Why did you only give us half of the platform with
the new passenger station?)

  My recommendations are that you:

   + restrict the use of the prebuilt parts from the Jr. line
   + expand the availability of Service Packs in the US (and other lands)
   + consider implementing a program to sell more parts in bulk

       Best of luck,

            -Z-