 Dear LEGO / 204
Re: It's all about parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:49:29 GMT

David Simmons writes:

That would be fine if these new sets also contained older pieces which are
no longer available in certain colors.  Parts is what it all comes down to.
I think any serious Lego collector could build some of the old sets they
want from their hoard of pieces, it just won't be in the same colors.
That's the problem.  You want this piece in this color and they don't make
it anymore.  It's not just that the designs were better (boy were they
ever!), you need that particular part and only this old set has it.

AND your creative possibilities are expanded by having more pieces to work
with.

Dave

And what about the text in a lot of the older LegoCatalogues? Doesn't it state
"and when you don't have the exact pieces you need, you try to build the model
with different pieces" (It did say this in the '83 catalogue)
Isn't THAT what creativity (and therefore Lego) stands for? If you want to
build this-and-that but you don't have the NxM flat in yellow, you just have
to use other (yellow) pieces...

Use and train your creativity and your fantasy!

Mark
"If it aint Lego, it don't count"