 Dear LEGO / 210
Re: It's all about parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:18:11 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Mark,

Definitely not the point. I think TLG made the statement (I think it
was in the older Idea Catalogues) about using parts you have simply
because children cannot afford to buy the sets for the parts. Most AFOL
do have financial means to buy the parts, if only TLG would let us.

Scott Sanburn

Scott,
Not that I don't like you or anything, but I _have_ to disagree. Back in those
days, a lot of the Lego advertisements were about creating you own models. One
of those that springs in mind is this picture of a kid with a thing in his
hand, made from a lot of different colored standard 2x4 bricks. The text under
this picture goes something like "How do you know that this is an ambulance?
Because little (boys name) _says_ it is"
This is about creativity! Even in those days, TLG had to make a profit in
order to keep its head above water (a dutch expression, roughly translated).
If they stated in their books that if you can't buy it, use something else,
wouldn't that undermine their own market?

Just my Nlg 0.05 (is about 2 cents...)

But he! as long as we can enjoy Lego, What Us Worry?
Mark