 Dear LEGO / 187
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:21:07 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Here is what I see as some possible ideas towards this goal:

1)  Adult LEGO Club - regularly published magazine, maybe some adult building
contests, special events, etc.

I posted a similar suggestion on lugnet.general.  I'd truly love to see it actually
happen.

2) Improved Service Pack selection.  In 1963 there were 138 different Service
Packs, today only a fraction of that.  Perhaps club members could vote on some
new service pack ideas.

Wow... what is it that they say about "great minds"?  :)

3) Bulk Orders

Uhmmm.... no comment.  <weak grin>

4)  Re-releasing Old Sets.

This would be cool.  Although it might reduce the value of existing vintage sets.
Rereleasing in different colors doesn't seem like a particularly attractive
solution to me, personally, so I don't know how they'd be able to please both
sides.

(Just my counterfeited $0.02)

Mark