 Dear LEGO / 208
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 05:20:33 GMT

Mark Tarrabain writes:
Okeedoke.

I'm obviously wrong about my ideas about the re-release of older sets.

I thought that there would be a group of collectors who would not want old • sets to
be rereleased because it decreases the value (not necessarily monetary) of the
vintage sets.

Few here are collectors first.  To coin a Larry phrase "love of the brick" is
the primary modivator.  Scalper is the most evil name you can be called here,
seconded by speculator.

The more re-release sets = the better.  In fact if I judge demand with even
remote accuaracy, these re-releases would probably not affect price of the
originals that much.  Just develop some good margins for TLG with little to no
additional development costs (hint hint).

Barry