 Dear LEGO / 209
Re: It's all about parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 05:30:47 GMT

Mark de Kock writes:

And what about the text in a lot of the older LegoCatalogues? Doesn't it state
"and when you don't have the exact pieces you need, you try to build the model
with different pieces" (It did say this in the '83 catalogue)
Isn't THAT what creativity (and therefore Lego) stands for? If you want to
build this-and-that but you don't have the NxM flat in yellow, you just have
to use other (yellow) pieces...

Use and train your creativity and your fantasy!

But if you need 450 black 1x4 bricks to build something, it looks pretty weird
if you try to use the other "available" pieces to complete it  :)

Maybe that's why my 5571 trailer is stalled in mid construction until those
packages arrive.  Hey, I know, I've got lots of BURPS maybe that will work! Or
maybe I can just use random colored 1x4s and call it a new '99 adventurer set
:)

Barry