 Dear LEGO / 198
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:56:27 GMT

Okeedoke.

I'm obviously wrong about my ideas about the re-release of older sets.

I thought that there would be a group of collectors who would not want old sets to
be rereleased because it decreases the value (not necessarily monetary) of the
vintage sets.

But, since the more vocal of you seem to contradict this concept, I am beginning to
doubt whether or not this is really an issue.

Actually, if you see my original comments on this matter, you'll see that I was
personally in favour of rereleasing old sets.  I just raised the question of
whether or not that would be fair to vintage set collectors.  Not knowing any
people like that personally, I could only guess as to what their reaction would be.

Mark