 Castle / 4800 (+100)
  Re: A new mode of transportation for castle minifigs

Hey, that looks great. Took me a second to figure out that you used the minifig's hand to hold the gem there. :^) You could invert a 1x1 cone and use it to connect the gem to the rod. ~Mark (...) came up (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 4 new pics of Suz's stuff in NELUG display at TCS.

(...) Oooh! You should take action shots of him engaging in the fish-slapping dance! (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Just a throne

(...) You're doing a project on historical thrones? Steve (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Just a throne

(...) No... I was just taking a break from my project to post something that I'd already finished. The project had nothing to do with thrones... sadly :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Newly-Designed Dragon Arms

As many of you know, the dragon's arms don't offer much flexibility. Well, I set out to fix that problem. Playing around with some miscellaneous pieces, I have designed arms that are far more useful than the originals. They can move up and down, (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Chat on AOL IM

Forgot to cross-post to other topics... All are welcome! ~M (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!

Cruising around .lugnet and I find someone thoughtfully posted pictures of some new minifig sets which include green ninjas and red samuri The message is (URL) and the pictures... (URL) well. James (who's just finished a fire ninja temple.) P.S. if (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!

(...) This is great! Hopefully these sets will be available everywhere. I love the ninja minifigs so it's great to know that I'll have a handful of new figs to add to my army. Now I can finally beef up my Red Samurai army with better looking figs (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!

(...) I can't wait to get a hold of these! (...) My thoughts exactly = ) I like the torso details on the Samurai and Ninjas, looks like a couple new designs. At least 2 different graphics on the green ninja... (...) I am excited by this black armor (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!

(...) I'll second that. There is obviously some attempt to create a collector "type" of lego as it goes out the door -- those big SW sets, and now these figures that cross theme lines. Someone here once suggested a marketing strategy like Beanie (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!

I'm breaking an 8 month hiatus from Lugnet to write this, so you know I'm excited. But, I've got to ask, whats the scoop on these mini-fig collector pacs? I called S&H as soon as I saw them and got only "they'll be available in the summer." When I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Temporary Castle World site

Hi everyone, and especially CW people, As most of the castle fans probably know, Pawel N. has been absent for lugnet for quite a while. Over in Castle World, we started to get worried... A few days ago, I got an email for him. He said he was in (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw) !!

  FT: Yellow Castle Knights for Trade

Hi, I have extra Crown Guard (main guys from Yellow Castle) and a clovers guy for trade (possibly others) what I need is at least one Tuetonic Knight / White cross guy. If you can help me let me know. We can probably just trade shield pieces and (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: Yellow Castle Knights for Trade

(...) White (...) Hey, if you have a scanner could you post jpegs of the shields and torsos? I have a bunch of blank shields and armor and would love to remake them. If I can print the stickers out I could probably send you a copy of the cross one. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  CASTLE WARS

(...) I'll have over 350 troops ready to march into your battlefield by daylight. You just issue the challenge, and I'll give the command to lay bloody waste to any challengers. The field of battle of which you proposed may not be capable of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: Yellow Castle Knights for Trade

(...) Yeah if I had a decent one I definately would. I've been trying to get a hold of a Yellow Castle and Townsquare #1592 stickersheet for a while. What's weird is that although the Castle Town Square set is more rare I got a copy of that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: Yellow Castle Knights for Trade

(...) sheet. Now my "Crown Guard" soldiers will have company with the "Heartland Crusaders" or whatever I will call those Town Square knights. Thanks, and be sure to let us all know if you get a scan of the Yellow Castle knights. Tony (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: Yellow Castle Knights for Trade

Uh, shame on me, I never got around to scanning that when you asked for it, I'll see if I can find it again... (mostly complete Yellow Castle sticker sheet) (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Something strange about BLACK castle walls...

Hi all, I noticed something strange about my black castle walls. Apparently I have two different types (let's call them A and B). A is a shiny black, whereas B is more of a "matte-finish" black. A is rather smooth to the touch, and B is more rough. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Cape material

Messing around at my local WallyWorld, I discovered a pretty inexpensive option for making capes, without the fraying problem that most normal fabric encounters. They were selling square-foot pieces of variously coloured felt for 20c each. These (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Something strange about BLACK castle walls...

(...) Are you sure it isn't just a case of worn parts? The large surface of the castle walls lends itself very well to getting scratched. Frank (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Something strange about BLACK castle walls...

I noticed it with the gray castle walls too, though I didn't look at the mold part number. I got a couple of 6074s recently and also a DACTA Fright Knights set and the DACTA's walls are matte while the 6074's are shiny. I also think it's the same (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

Well, the commander has finished nanolathing the riverside structures, and the debris has been swept from the field, leaving a new bridge, a defensive tower, and another, smaller forest on the west side of the river. The tower has two internal (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

VERY NICE!!! (...) I especially like the ‘Fish-swinger!’ I previously wrote: (...) Jeff Elliott wrote: (...) O.K. then together, lets host one at the end of this month? But we need more people to wage battle with……. Sincerely, Richard You can reach (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

Wow! Great pics, Jeff. I'm curious... what kind of camera are you using the take pictures -- they look fabulous!? Thanks. Xandria -- This message was created entirely hands-free with Dragon NaturallySpeaking software. To learn more, please contact (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

(...) Hey! No Total Annihilation references in a Medieval BrikWars post! Keep 'em to regular Brickwars posts! ;) (...) Very nice! I wish I had that many regular green baseplates. I really hate the bright green baseplates... :( (...) That'd be (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cape material

(...) hey, jeff ~ i know exactly what you're talking about. ;-) i was able to get some of this same felt, and it's wonderful! i was very impressed with it's durability and color matches to lego. i loaded up on sheets in all the colors, especially, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

(...) look (...) An Olympus Camedia C-2000 Z. It can take 640x480 jpgs, or 1600x1200 jpgs or tiffs. These were 1600x1200 jpgs which I reduced 2:1 after the fact to save space on BrickShelf. It is a really nice camera, and with a 32mb memory card, it (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  CASTLE WARS

Sergio Guerra wrote in Aquazone: (...) This questions implications intrigued me! Of all the various lands and kingdoms in the Castle universe, which group would survive a great war! I’m NOT just talking good ( Royal Knights, Royal Knights, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Hey! everybody knows I am Biased towards Ninja theme... Theoretically, there is no right answer, so I will just add to the debate... 1. Samurai and Ninjas Reasoning and rationale: (idle ramblings) Highest evolutionary form of honor, devotion, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) I'd have to say that the BK and DM would form an alliance. After all, their shields are the same, sans color. The combined force of both armies would devastate anything. They've got it all: heavy calvary, footsoldiers, a naval force, dragons, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

(...) Your battlefield pics on Brickshelf look great. I love the village. (...) You can just hang one of those short brown ladders off the side. You could attach a rope to the bottom of the ladder so defenders could haul it up when the tower was (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) ...and some fellow who's covered with fish! What's that all about? best LFB (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

(...) bit unclear...did he somehow attract remoras?), but I love the chickens, or ducks if you prefer to keep 'em in black. Mmmm. The whole layout is really very nice. The landscape lends itself well to photography. Other than that, no real notes (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

(...) Nope, this is just a nod to Mike Rayhawk's mention of just such a fellow. (...) Thanks. I was aiming for chickens, but they came out ducks :) Jeff (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) This is a tough question - are we trying to be semi-historical or any and all that is actually depicted in the line? Do Ninja have cannon and muskets of the 1600s, which places them outside of the time frame of european Castles? Do Dragon (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  BrickFest June 9 - 11, 2000 Washington DC, USA!!! Last post!!!

posted to:lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.fun.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains fut: lugnet.org.us.wamalug What: (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) VS. (...) Samurai engaged in personal duels for honor, rather than marching forward shields locked. And "strict adherence" and "think" is an oxymoron. :-) On the other hand, I'd trust 'em to go where they were told and do what they were (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) First off, LEGO doesn’t attempt to differentiate from about 600 years of history, so… I guess we don’t have to either. (They mix and match armor, technology, and architecture randomly) This isn’t good. I didn’t really factor-in the power of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Ok, so I assume Dark Forest are Wood Elves... does that make Wolfpack Skaven? I suddenly have a new respect for the Wolfpack. Chewing on Warpstone, eric (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) If "honor" won fights, the US would still be part of the British Empire. After all, the Brits were honorable: they lined up like they "should", while those sneaky Americans sniped at them and used guerilla warfare tactics... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Lots of great points, it looks like the Ninjas are gonna take a beating, but their gunpowder might save them from complete defeat. See… I told you that every thing in the Castle universe was balanced!!! :) Also, the Fright Knight contingent (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Medieval BrikWars Layout - Update

Jeff Elliott <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:FvLBLq.7Lu@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) tower, (...) Great! (...) upper (...) figured (...) the (...) You're telling me. I need approx. 5000 bricks for a project I'm working on... Oh well, I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Heh heh, if they really are Skaven, then they should be referred to as the Rat Pack! Tony (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) VS. (...) Someone who thinks the same as me! The would also have eight foot halbards via DM, and siege machines from both. And think of what a dragoon would do to a knight in full armor...marshmallows! Robbit the Hobbit (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  chat

Hi everyone, we're going to be online chatting on AIM for awhile. come join the fun! ~Mark "sandlimp" on AIM (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Uh, where are the Moo Men? :) (...) The BFs kick. :) But I've always concidered the BF and BK *the same* group. *shrug* Course, this is just the pure seperations. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=...=-=-=-=-=- jmbrown@mines.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

(...) i'd love to talk ith you guys, and i've seen that you've posted this chat message before... BUT, i don't know where to go? Whats Aim, and what is the chat address, which room? Help me find you!!! (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

(...) Aol Instant Messenger-you can download it from AOL, but you'll need to pick a handle that isn't taken. Good luck coming up with one. room is Legorama. Basically, you type in one of our handles and we will magically appear *POOF*. Then we can (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

(...) Dave wrote: (...) Is Aol Instant Messenger kinda like ICQ, or is it diffrent! I got ICQ and CheetaChat, would i be able to find you guys from the CheetaChat board, or can you only be accesed through AOL? i wanna talk... (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

Go here: (URL) the version appropriate to your OS. install. send an instant message to one of us online (I'm sandlimp) we will invite you to the chat room. enjoy! ~Mark (...) to pick a (...) *POOF*. (...) CheetaChat (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

(...) BTW, you can get it at (URL) too. -- Agent 0007 AIM: Agent O0O7 (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

We are still there allthough tere are only two of us! We need you to come and chat? We are in the room Legorama. Instant message me if you want to join and i'll send you an invite! me- Kyle04225 Other guy with me- Agent O0O7 -Kyle (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) *delurk* better support you in this, before another army gets to many votes... Of course they'll win! they've got the largest number of troops, the best discipline, more archers then any other army... hmmm, maybe I'm biased... oh well. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

We are srill there! Right now there are 3 of us but earlier we had 9!! Come join us! We need you to come and chat? We are in the room Legorama. Instant message me if you want to join andi'll send you an invite! me- Kyle04225 -Kyle (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: chat

Still Here and going strong! we got 6 in the room now! (...) me- Kyle04225 (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Hmmm... I'd have to say the Knights Procession guys would win. They don't have any cavalry, no archers, no 'leaders', no castle of their own, no spear- chucka's, no halbards, no majic wands, no wizards, no dragons, no lady friends, heck... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

[FUT lugnet.general] Kyle is offline atm, but if you send an instant message (IM) to me (spontificus) I can invite you in though :) Richard (...) me (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) I'm actually considering doing something similar to this! If anyone reads David Eddings I'm considering recreating the battles of Vo Mimbre (from Belgarath the Sorcerer) and Thull Mardu (from the Belgariad) with LEGO minfigs. For those of you (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: chat

(...) Well, you convinced me to go look. I remembered the site name 'aim.com' from yesterday and went and looked. One click, and I gave up though. No way do I want to register with AOL, and I sincerely doubt they have a client that will run on my (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) Sounds ‘incredible,’ can't wait to see the pictures!!! Do you have a landscape set up for this enormous battle? I’ve never heard of your author Endings, I know Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and Mckiernan’s Iron Tower Trilogy, but I haven’t read (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  A lich and two demons

That pesky lich has been up to trouble again... ;-) Thanks to one of the resident geniuses in ".cad", I was able to steal^H^H^H^H^Hborrow a DAT file for the Dragon Wing and -- *FINALLY* -- finish my DAT file for a slightly-larger-than...ifig-scale (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.dixielug)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

(...) fantasy (...) I (...) charge (...) I (...) No I don't have landscaping yet, though for battles this big, they can (and were) really only be fought on big plains. The battle of Vo Mimbre was fought on the plain outside of the golden city of Vo (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Fire Elemental

Some time ago, I made a fire elemental using several trans-orange dragon wings. Now that someone made a DAT file for the dragon wing, I've been able to encode my fire elemental into L-CAD. I've created an image, using my DAT file and MLCAD. (URL) I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.dixielug) !

  Introduction

Hello Medievalers, My name is Paul Maxwell and today has me making my first posts to Lugnet. I grew up near Detroit, lived in Luxembourg for many years and now live in Ohio. I am married and have two young daughters who also love Legos. I started (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introduction

Hi Paul! (...) Cool! I've been to Luxemburg for a few hours, I thought it very beautiful. Did you like it there? I think it's great your family also likes lego. In my family, I'm the only lego-fan. My cousin just slipped into her dark ages and she (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Introduction

Hi Shiri! (...) Ohio. (...) I loved Luxembourg. I've been back only once in the last 5 years and really miss it. I was a great place to get old Legos (I say it was... I bought all of them!) Also, I got to go to Legoland in Denmark which was my (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My Red Church

Hello everyone. I finally got around to scanning some pictures of my first MOC that I am pleased with. It is a little Red Church, that has a bit of a cathedral flavor to it. Please let me know what you think. (URL) NLS and I may be going to the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Red Church

(...) MOC (...) If it takes that level of building to make you happy, I'd be glad to see some of the things you weren't happy with! I love the architecture, and great job on the stained glass window! The interiour is absolutely beautiful, I thought (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: CASTLE WARS

In my Castle world the Lions would be the clear winners. In my world the Lions (Crusaders, Royal Knights and Knights’ Kingdom) are all together and number over 200. They have heavy calvery, wizards and lots of infantry. They keep the peace in my (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Red Church

(...) Very nice! I love the chandalier James S. (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Did we miss this in the new catalog?

Set 9999 The Invincible Fortress- (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) Wow, that is a tall castle, guess that might make it invincible. The use of Duplo blocks is quite inventive, never seen them incorporated that way before. Are the knights in the lower left running away or performing a bizarre combat ritual (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) fortress, though, since they are bothering to do laundry, and they have a TV set. Is that a barbeque going on up on the right-hand tower? I like the path - the effect works great! (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) Dude, it's from the LEGO Soccar Bus Tour. "Offcial" LEGO construction, it is. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=...=-=-=-=-=- jmbrown@mines.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 10-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) If you look closely at the photo on the far right corner section, you notice a town city creation. Appears to be some sort of high-rise with smaller building across a somewhat typically busy street. Anyone care to guess, or happen to have a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Red Church

(...) ...hey! How come u didn't bring it! :-) That's a nice building, I would have loved to see it to study the building tricks. ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) Guide ((URL) the wildlink ((URL) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Red Church

Thank you... :-) Actually, I did bring it, but my NLS and I were only there for about 6 hours... :-( It was a 4 hour drive, and we wanted to see some of the other sights in Washington DC. On Dan Boger's website, he put up some pictures of Brickfest, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Red Church

(...) ...If we can drag her back into a pirate game, she might not be an NLSO much longer :-) (...) ...Well, I hope that part of your trip was worth it! Next time we'll try to find you a hotel room so you can stay the nite and play more! :-) (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: My Red Church

(...) Yep, I saw it, it was great!! (...) Too bad, but understandable. :-) (...) That's Christina. Her collection is amazing, and she's really nice too. <grin> She doesn't go online much, I gather. I tried to convince her to join CW, she said she'll (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Introduction

(...) Legoland Billund was great, I got a chance to go there on the same trip as well. So you wiped out all the sets in Luxembourg, eh? Yoohoo! (...) That's good enough! :-) (...) Oh, I will, I will. She's bringing them all along when she moves (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

G'day every1 in Castle Land, We just recently had our 3rd get together Down Under for LegOz where I managed to get a couple of photos of my recent castle taken, well they're up for viewing on: (URL) currently building my own site, with more detailed (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

(...) Hey Kev, I bought a 500 piece jigsaw of the castle at the local woolies for $2.99 ! The pics look great when you enlarge them. pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

(...) I really, really like it! I've got a precious picture of the real thing, and the Puzz3D version of it. It's cool to see the same thing in another medium. I understand you can get tours of it - something I'd love. (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

(...) castle (...) and (...) think (...) bit...but the overall feel is the same. Kev... : ) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

(...) Me too! I'd love to see more pics, you Aussies are really disappointing that way. <grin> take more pics, ah tell ya!! (...) Ah, yes. I have actually been there. And believe me, it's every bit as bee- utiful in real life as in pictures. I'll (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ

(...) My site should be up soon Shiri....I'll post it here....it's just taking alot of time to do and I dont have much spare time.... About Neuschwanstein, have a look here: (URL) Castle is only based on it though.... Kev.... : ) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did we miss this in the new catalog?

(...) One thing I like about the various displays is that while they have some huge creations, it looks like they also display all the actual sets. Nice touch. I like the one with all the soccer balls. I bet we'll be able to re-create that type of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for the bull faction to go away, though I'm sure they'll cycle through another time or two. A return of the forestmen would be nice, or perhaps another not-so-dastardly knight faction. At the very (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Quickie water elemental

I got an insectoids set as a prize at the brickfest, so I figured "what the heck, I might as well build it". And I discovered that... the insectoid queen has a blue head and blue hands!! Thought I, "is that cool or what?" And myself replied: "uh... (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie water elemental

(...) Absolutely beautiful job, Shiri. The Trans blue spear is a great touch. (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

CMIIW, but you're talking about speculations for year 2001, right? It's still quite early for that, but why not-- I'll join in on the fun. (...) I don't mind them cycling, if that means we get some new characters... three faces are not what I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie water elemental

Hi, Shiri! Nice job. If you get one of the new "Race" sets with the green hair, you might want to see how the Nixie (water sprite) looks with that, as well. Just a thought. ;-) Franklin (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

(...) I'd like to see TLG go back to the idea of having two+ factions in which neither is as stereotypically "evil" as the Bulls or the Fright Knights. Something to encourage a little more creative play. (...) I'm thinking that there'll have to be a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

(...) fortress (...) If you read closely, the home of the Bulls is "the Dark Forest". So perhaps they have set up an eventual return of Forestmen. The Robin Hood theme seems too much the natural to abandon completely. If not 2001, then it would seem (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

(...) My first take on the Bulls was that they were wandering barbarians, but all of that siege equipment leads one to believe that they have a homebase *somewhere.* That the Dark Forest is mentioned as that somewhere is very promising, and very (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

(...) How about because they are villainously razing the dark forest to make room for cattle ranching? O wait, that's the Amazon rain forest -- I get mixed up...! -- Richard (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?

(...) I'm with ya on that one, although they do have a few cool looking figs and some great parts. I haven't got any yet, but I've sure scrutinized the catalog for hours on end. I got my first KK set last week for my birthday - the Guarded Treasury (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie water elemental

(...) Cool Shiri! The spear does look really cool as a water elemental accessory. One thing you might think about doing is to put the lightsaber hilt on one end of the spear, then put the gem on the other end of the hilt. I did this with my earth (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie water elemental

(...) That's a good idea, in fact I tried it myself... but the spear didn't seem to fit too well inside the hilt, because it has a rounded end. But maybe... hmmm.... <playing around with hilt and spear> Aha! The way the spear fits depends on what (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact