 Castle / 4885
Re: NEW CASTLE TO LOOK AT FROM OZ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 03:46:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Gray writes:
I really, really like it!

Me too! I'd love to see more pics, you Aussies are really disappointing that
way. <grin> take more pics, ah tell ya!!

I understand you can get tours of it - something I'd love.

Ah, yes. I have actually been there. And believe me, it's every bit as bee-
utiful in real life as in pictures. I'll hafta check, maybe I can dig up some
pics of it... it was two years ago, tho', and I think we left the albums in
Israel, but we'll see.
From what I remember of the tour... the castle's interior was never completed
(can't remember why - either the owner died, or ran out of money, IIRC), and
so a lot of the castle's rooms are empty (no, they don't let you see those).
Also, this is (again, if my memory serves truthfully) the castle on which Walt
Disney based Cinderella's castle.
I can't really recollect much details about the interior, but I do remember a
wash-basin/toilet-thingie. And a nice, big bed. Lots of artwork on the walls.
Yeah.

-Shiri