 Castle / 4826
Re: Cape material
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Jeff Johnston writes:
Messing around at my local WallyWorld, I discovered a pretty inexpensive
option for making capes, without the fraying problem that most normal
fabric encounters.  They were selling square-foot pieces of variously
coloured felt for 20c each.  These make an ideal cape (when cut to size
of course) - it looks like a very heavy, warm woolen cloak, perfect for
travelers and such.

Pictures will follow at some point.

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m

  hey, jeff ~
  i know exactly what you're talking about. ;-) i was able to get some of
this same felt, and it's wonderful!  i was very impressed with it's
durability and color matches to lego.  i loaded up on sheets in all the
colors, especially, an off-white (antique white) and dark grey for castle
period ship sails.  also, consider using the wagon cover from #6716 ~
weapons wagon as pattern to make covered wagons for gypsies and farmers.
also, little blankets for mini-fig beds.

  later ~ craig~