 Castle / 4893
Re: Anyone up for a little Castle Wave 2 speculation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
CMIIW, but you're talking about speculations for year 2001, right?
It's still quite early for that, but why not-- I'll join in on the fun.

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Knoot writes:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for the bull faction to go
away, though I'm sure they'll cycle through another time or two.

I don't mind them cycling, if that means we get some new characters... three
faces are not what I consider a population.

A return of
the forestmen would be nice,

Dream on, as will I. :-)
I seriously greatly doubt that they'll return, although you'll hear me
whooping with joy if they do!

or perhaps another not-so-dastardly knight
faction.

Expand, please?

I'd like to see TLG go back to the idea of having two+ factions in which
neither is as stereotypically "evil" as the Bulls or the Fright Knights.
Something to encourage a little more creative play.

At the very least, I hope we see a nice, coherent, 'classic' fortress
design soon,

Judging by the level of design in the past 3 years, well, ahem... I can only
hope that next year will change, but again, I doubt that we'll be truly
enjoying the selection when it's released.

I'm thinking that there'll have to be a smaller keep design at some point.
Maybe the Bulls will get one?  After all, they only have siege equipment so
far, and I can't believe that Lego will put out another run of siege stuff
really soon.  But you never know...

and perhaps some 'unmilitarized' medieval designs, too.

I was going to say that a church would be nice, but TLC would never do that...
politically correct and all that.
I'm *wishing* for a village, a market, stables, a lighthouse; OTOH, I'm
*expecting* another dubious design.

Why *not* a "Wild West" type line of a medieval structures?  That could be a
lot of fun...

Maybe ninja will come back. I hope they do, but with some new minifigs-- the
older ones got really boring really fast.

-Shiri

I'm afraid that we've probably seen the end of the ninja, though the green
ninjas do spark some hope.  But not much.

Kevin