 Castle / 4829
Re: CASTLE WARS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 00:33:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes:
Sergio Guerra wrote in Aquazone:

Free-for-all in the Aquazone!
If all the forces in the Aquazone were to go into an all-out battle
with each other, who would be the victor?

This questions implications intrigued me!

Of all the various lands and kingdoms in the Castle universe, which group
would survive a great war!

I’m NOT just talking good ( Royal Knights, Royal Knights, Crusaders… etc.) VS.
evil (Fright Knights, Wolfpack, Darkforest… etc.)

But, if each force ( all 12 ) entered into a gigantic battlefield, who would
emerge as the survivor!

These are the contenders:

Black Falcons
LEGOLAND Castle
Black Knights
Crusaders
Dark Forest
Dragon Masters
Forestmen
Fright Knights
Knights’ Kingdom
Royal Knights
Wolfpack
And yes, I'll include Ninja

I believe that the ‘Black Falcons’ would emerge victorious admits the blood
and slaughter of the battle. They may not possess the best heavy Calvary
(cause the Black Knights have that, with their Body armor and visored helmets)
or the savage relentlessness of the Wolfpack (cause they are all offence), or
the stealth of the Forestmen. But their steadfast ranks of infantry, their
lightly equipped fast Calvary (perfect for hit and run charging maneuvers)
their accurate long range artillery (they only have longbows) and their cool
Blue color would prove to be the deciding factor that would enable them to
emerge battered and scared, yet triumphant.

2nd place goes to the Black Knights.
3rd place goes to the Ninjas. Because of their organization, and honor.
4th place goes to the Crusaders. The Ninjas just edged them out.
5th place goes to the Wolfpack. They’re PERFECT for a giant melee, but their
lack of discipline cost them greatly.

Sincerely,
                       Richard

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com

-Lego good, Canada great.-

Hey! everybody knows I am Biased towards Ninja theme...

Theoretically, there is no right answer, so I will just add to the debate...

1. Samurai and Ninjas

Reasoning and rationale: (idle ramblings)

  Highest evolutionary form of honor, devotion, and commitment to their
Fuedal Lords.  Utter dedication to their masters and strict adherence to a
code of conduct provided a high degree of order in Samurai soldiers.  These
soldiers were famous for their ferocity and skill in battle.  I addition to
their intense personal discipline, Samurai were also fairly-highly educated
and cultured.  Imagine, an army that can read and think, as well as fight.

  Throw Ninjas into the mix...talk about killing machines...these warriors
accepted the idea that they would be killed in performance of their duties.
They were highly trained in the martials arts, stealth techniques, poisons,
fire, and much later, explosives.  Imagine trying to wage war after your
commanders have been assassinated while they slept, your water/livestock has
been poisoned and your lodgings have been set ablaze...

An important factor....Armor and Weapons.  Samurai on horseback have been
compared to the Mongols in terms of their skill and ruthless efficiency.
The advantage of mounted Samurai and Mongols was in their swiftness,
agility, and consderably less cumbersome armor.  Samurai were famous for
their horseback, archery skills European Knights were frequently killed by
tumblng from their steeds or rendered helpless by being knocked on their
back.  Katanas (swords), are also a considerable advantage.  These are
elegant, but deadly weapons.  The craftsmanship of these weapons is still a
marvel hundreds of years later.  Unlike European swords, more advanced
metallurgy skills were employed to produce them...the folding of layers of
steel upon each other produced a very stong but light weapon that was much
less cumbersome than its European counterparts.

Training is worthy of note...Samurai and Ninjas are trained to be proficient
in the use of weapons, but also in hand to hand combat.

I'll have to think about the rest = )

                       John

(However, my favorite figs of all time (castle) are the 24 Knights
procession types I have-I wouldn't let them be routed)