 Castle / 4838
Re: CASTLE WARS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:10:25 GMT

Richard Noeckel wrote:

Of all the various lands and kingdoms in the Castle universe, which group
would survive a Great War!

These are the contenders:

Black Falcons
LEGOLAND Castle
Black Knights
Crusaders
Dark Forest
Dragon Masters
Forestmen
Fright Knights
Knights’ Kingdom
Royal Knights
Wolfpack
Ninja

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

This is a tough question - are we trying to be semi-historical or any and all
that is actually depicted in the line?  Do Ninja have cannon and muskets of
the 1600s, which places them outside of the time frame of European Castles?
Do Dragon Masters and Fright Knights get to use magic and dragons?  I'm
presuming they bring what the are depicted with (dragons, magic, cannon, etc)

First off, LEGO doesn’t attempt to differentiate from about 600 years of
history, so… I guess we don’t have to either. (They mix and match armor,
technology, and architecture randomly)

This isn’t good. I didn’t really factor-in the power of gunpowder, or the true
might of winged fire breathing beast, or the devastation that a Wizard can
unleash. I simply responded to the question in a Warhammer ® type scenario. I
limited the power that the cannons could inflict, I put restrictions on the
carnage that a dragon can deliver, and I held back from considering what a
Sorceress spell could conjure.

I organized the Castle groups into Warhammer ® classes. The Black Falcons
represented the ‘Empire,’ because they are the largest and most powerful realm
in the Old World. They possess the most solid steadfast infantry in the World.
This group would never back down or retreat, they’d simply sacrifice their
lives for the great cause of the Empire. Their power congregates from their
whelming numbers, wave after wave of obsessed zealots plow forward in the name
of the BLACK FALCON!

Then, I envisioned the Black Knights as magnificent ‘Bretonia’ warriors whose
chivalry is rich in tradition and steeped in honor. With a heave-cavalry that
continually quest in the gallant orders of an ancient knighthood.

And perhaps, the Royal Knights and the Knights Kingdom could aspire to be
the ‘High Elves.’

In the world of Warhammer ® magic, dragons, gunpowder, demons, and the undead
coexist with balance. I believe this is true for the many groups of Castle.
One groups strength is countered by another.

The cannons of the Ninjas could decimate the ranks of the Fright Knight, yet
the Dragons of the Fright Knights could claw through the Black Kinghts, yet
the heavy calvary of the Black Knights could overrun the units of the Black
Falcons, and the innumerous infantry of the Black Falcons could juggernaut the
Ninjas.

This is a large cycle of causality. In the end every force is balanced.

But I still believe that the Black Falcons with their ubiquitous numbers could
prevail!

  Sincerely,

                 Richard

You can reach me at shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com