 Castle / 4899
Re: Quickie water elemental
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 02:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
Cool Shiri!  The spear does look really cool as a water elemental accessory.
One thing you might think about doing is to put the lightsaber hilt on one end
of the spear, then put the gem on the other end of the hilt.  I did this with
my earth elemental (using a brown spear and green gem) and it looks pretty
cool.

That's a good idea, in fact I tried it myself... but the spear didn't seem to
fit too well inside the hilt, because it has a rounded end. But maybe...
hmmm....

<playing around with hilt and spear>

Aha! The way the spear fits depends on what end of the hilt you insert it.
I'll try to explain... when looking at the hilt, there are two different
sides; one of them, say side A, is closer to the two lines going around the
pieces (does that make sense?). Now, if you put the spear in side A, it fits
snugly and stays in. But if you put it in side B, it's a loose fit.
Since I usually put the gem on side A, I automatically put the spear in side
B, and gave up when I saw it didn't fit... should've tried the other side as
well!

Thanks for bringing this up, now I discovered something new. :-)

-Shiri