 CAD / Development / 5079
Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 05:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Easter wrote:

Hello,
I may have a dumb question here, but....
I voted on the parts on the voting page. I made several comments in the box
below the "needs work" check box, without checking the box.  Do those • comments
get submitted as well?

Should I post those comments here too?

What Fredrik said.  If the comment is just about the part-name, you can
probably just post it in the vote.  But if you're commenting about the part
itself, it's better to post it here, and/or e-mail the author.
Ok, I will review my list and double check the parts. To make sure I wasn't
just seeing things. Then I will make a report of my findings.
I was less concerned with part origins, or names, however I was watching more
for missing surfaces, misaligned pieces, and edge lines(including • conditional).
I was very impressed with the parts quality overall, and the number of them.
Good job everyone!
(snip)

Once again, I will try to get that list posted, hopefully tomorrow night.
(snip)

Hello,
Here is the list of things I found.

Some of the line issues may just be my viewer not displaying quite right on my
monitor. If there are any questions, please ask, and I will re-check and
create a picture showing what I *Think* I have found. I tried not to get too
picky on conditional lines since I still have a little trouble getting them to
work correctly(the way I want) 100% of the time.

There are a few nit-pickeys on the list too. They can be ignored unless
someone feels they are important.

Paul

x78.dat - Technic Ribbed Hose 120LDU Long (open file for usage guide)
needs conditional or solid lines added to the outer edges.

x111.dat - Technic Connector Block 3 x 3 Triangular
needs work, has several lines that should be conditional lines. Also a few
extra lines inside holes.

x151.dat - Technic Liftarm 1 x 5 Straight
missing 4  1-4cyli. on one side, inside webs.

x152.dat - Technic Liftarm 1 x 9 Bent
needs conditional lines added to the axle hole, web edges, and outer bend
surfaces

x153.dat - Technic Liftarm 3 x 5 L Shape
extra quads at inside bend on outside surfaces, meeting corner hole, false
surface. hard to describe.

x460.dat - Minifig Gun Musket
nit-picky, missing 4-4edge on inside of barrel

29c01.dat - Window 1 x 1 x 2 with Glass
Shouldn't there be "box" representing the glass, not just a quad?

39c01.dat - Window 1 x 1 x 1 with Glass
Shouldn't there be "box" representing the glass, not just a quad?

30132.dat - Minifig Gun Revolver
nit-picky, The bullet holder seems too large in dia. The receding notches go
to the barrel depth. The cock and target tip need to have rounded tops or be
more like rifle(nit).

32136.dat - Technic Pin 3L Double
nit-picky,  missing 4-4 edges at the bottom on the inside of the pins.

32184.dat - Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L
Missing some interior web surfaces and lines

30201.dat - my part - Panel 10 x 10 x 2 1/3 Corner Base
Missing 2 lines. I will add them to the update file and re-send.

32249.dat - Technic Liftarm 3 x 3 L Shape with Quarter Circle
Missing 2 solid lines, inside arch.  also missing conditional lines on axle
holes, web edges.

32250.dat - Technic Liftarm 3 x 5 L Shape with Quarter Oval
Missing 2 solid lines, inside arch.  also missing conditional lines on axle
holes, web edges.

32278.dat - Technic Liftarm 1 x 15 Straight
Missing inside 1-4 cylinder on end hole, inside web. Also several oversized
rings around holes.

32348.dat - Technic Liftarm 1 x 7 Bent
Needs conditional lines added to the axle hole, web edges, and outer bend
surfaces

30382.dat - Wedge 2 x 12 Triple
Missing quads and lines on underside ends.