 CAD / Development / 5004
Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

First one comment on the Throwbots-related connector boxes, ie.

x111.dat - Technic Connector Block 3 x 3 Triangular
32310.dat - Technic Connector Block 3 x 5 x 1 & 2/3
32165.dat - Technic Connector Block 3 x 6 x 1 & 2/3
32166.dat - Technic Connector Block 3 x 6 x 1 & 2/3 Gearbox

How about adding the word "Decorated" somewhere in the names, to
indicate that they are not plain blocks?  Or would this simply be even
more confusing?  I'm not sure if it is a good idea myself, honestly.
Just thought I'd see what you'd think.

I think when people see the word "decorated", they'd confuse it with patterned
elements.

Maybe "Ornamented" is a good term for parts like these, parts with extra
decorative details?  Tore used this term to describe the arch piece he made,
2145.dat, "Arch 2 x 6 x 5 Ornamented" (see
<http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1404>).

And for people who are curious about the usage of the bendable Technic
hoses, I've included a few example DAT-files here:

   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/

I'm refering to the following two parts from the vote:

x75.dat - Technic Flex-System Hose 120LDU Long (open file for usage guide)
x78.dat - Technic Ribbed Hose 120LDU Long (open file for usage guide)

Thanks for pointing this out!

Steve