 CAD / Development / 5120
Re: Are fixes automatically included?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:51:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:

[about 2447.dat] One thing I just noticed upon extremely close inspection,
though.

The four 1-4rin10 pieces that make up the angled bottom are at two SLIGHTLY
different angles, and furthermore one or both of them doesn't QUITE line up
with the bottom of the visor.  (The two making the outter half-ring appear
to be just above the inner half-ring at the front of the visor; they meet at
the back.  Since they don't line up with each other, they obviously can't
both line up with the rest of the visor, but I can't tell if one pair does
or not.)  It's definitely not worth pulling out of the update for, but I
thought you might want to know.

Oops.  My bad.  The bottom of the visor is a slanted half-ring, with a
15inner/17outer radius.  I constructed this by overlapping the 1-4rin10
p-files, and skewing the Y value to slant the rings downward toward the
front.  But I used the same skew-factor for both the inner and outer rings,
even though they have different radii and needed heights.

Steve